sennheiser g2/g3 comparison - anyone tested? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old November 10th, 2009, 02:25 PM   #1
New Boot

sennheiser g2/g3 comparison - anyone tested?

Has anyone tested the g2 against the g3? or had any experience with the g3? is there any difference or better performance? i am looking into getting a set of wireless mics, and i want to know if it's worth it to get the g3 which is about twice as expensive, or if i should just stick with the g2. from what i understand i should upgrade the mic too out of the box, so thats just another expense.
Daniel Behrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 03:24 PM   #2
Major Player

Which ones are you looking at?

Some 100 series G3 are cheaper than the G2 they replace (based on UK retail), but as the G2 has finished you are likely to find the systems that are left are more heavily discounted.

G3 has a wider switching bandwidth than G2 and should also have better RF selectivity.

The on-camera receiver is diversity on the G3 and non-diversity on the G2 - which would account for the higher price on the systems with the camera receiver.

If it was me I would go for the diversity G3 over the G2.
Old November 10th, 2009, 03:25 PM   #3
Inner Circle

G2 is discontinued, replaced by the G3. The principle difference is the G3 reciever is a true diversity system which means it is less susceptible to dropouts and other "hits." The G3 systems are also in the legal operating frequencies remaining after the recent DTV shakeup while there are a number of G2 units floating around that operate in the now illegal (700mHz) bands. The G3 is actually only about 20% more than the G2.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio