DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   Radio Sennheiser to buy for street interview (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/467484-radio-sennheiser-buy-street-interview.html)

Marcus Martell November 10th, 2009 07:18 PM

Radio Sennheiser to buy for street interview

Hola,
i 'd like to buy a Sennheiser mic to use for making interviews on the streets so this should be wireless and the receiver should have xlr stuff...
thx

Edward Carlson November 10th, 2009 08:09 PM

I've had great success with the EW100 G2 kit. You probably only need the SKP-100 transmitter and the receiver. There are kits that come with both the body pack + lav combo and the plug-on transmitter, so it depends on how much you want to spend, and if you want the flexibility of using a clip on lav. If you need phantom power on your mic, you will need the SKP-500. The SKP-100 doesn't provide phantom.

Brett Sherman November 11th, 2009 08:21 AM

You'll need a G3 EW 112-p kit with SKP-2000 plug-on transmitter for phantom power. The G2 series has been discontinued. I find the setup a little easier on the G3 since you can use the infrared "Sync" function to get the transmitter and receiver on the same frequency.

I also find that the G3 finds more available frequencies when it scans. I don't know if this translates into more reliable performance though. There's a lot I like about the G3, but I'm not 100% pleased with the reliability. I'm considering either getting an SKP-2000 for more power in difficult situations or trying the Sony V6.

John Willett November 11th, 2009 04:53 PM

I would use the ew 100 ENG G3 and an MD 42 interview mic.

Use the handheld mic. with the plug-on transmitter for the street interviews.

Marco Leavitt November 11th, 2009 10:47 PM

You know, wired handheld ain't a bad idea and it's a lot cheaper. Get a decent dynamic handheld and six feet of cable and your done. Total cost should be about $120.

Don Bloom November 12th, 2009 05:20 AM

Depending on where you are in the city wired handheld is the ONLY way to go.
Here in Chicago if you're downtown, while wireless will work, safety says, go wired for on the street intviews. Lets see, majors; ABC, NBC,CBS, FOX, then of course there's the superstation WGN (think Cubs), plus many smaller stations, 4 that I can think of off the top of my head. Then there's all the pretty buildings that run over 100 floors high, then the EL tracks all made of solid steel beams, cops and fire department freqs, cabbies...man the list goess on and on.

Shure SM63-$132.00---20 foot XLR-$30.00--Great Quality Audio-Priceless!!!!

Marcus Martell November 12th, 2009 05:26 AM

Ok thank you don, i wanted to quit using a rode ntg1 wired as a mic for interviews.
I own a ew122-p g2 kit (withme 4 cardioid clip on mic, condenser), do u suggest me a better clip microphone for this kit?something that allow me to attach better the mic 2 the interviewer?

thx a lot