WIRELESS NOISE--Zoom H4n & Audio Technica Pro 88W - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old October 2nd, 2012, 06:00 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: WIRELESS NOISE--Zoom H4n & Audio Technica Pro 88W

I'm actually picking up some british woman's sermon on my AT, and I get it with NO INPUTS CONNECTED.

I have no idea how, but my Zoom is somehow picking up a radio station or something and whenever I put my hand on it, it gets worse (rather the station comes in clearer). removed both inputs so only power and headphones are connected to my Zoom H4 (not n), and I'm getting audio like a radio station coming in clear as a bell,if I pull my hand away, then it gets a lot fainter, but certainly still there, and I'm not able to use it...

Since when did this thing come with an AM/FM radio :P - I was absolutely flabbergasted!
David Hadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2012, 07:13 PM   #17
Trustee

Re: Bitching

Not clear whether it is your (unidentified) wireless kit, or your Zoom recorder that is picking up the RFI.
So listen around the top of the hour for the legally-required station identification. Then you can look them up and see how far away their transmitter is. www.fcc.gov will tell you the contact information as well as the exact coordinates of their transmitting site.
Richard Crowley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio