Problem with Lexicon Alpha audio device - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old January 15th, 2010, 06:40 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul R Johnson View Post
Don't worry about the pin 2 hot statement. The general trend is for pin to to be the 'hot' connection, leaving pin 3 'cold' and 1 always ground - it is balanced.
Anyway, with 10m/30feet cable I hear extremely loud hiss. With 3m cable its a lot of better.

Quote:
The Steinberg License Control Centre is a system they use on their full ticket price software and requires programmes to store license info on a removable dongle type device. In the free, cut-down feature products often supplied with proper sound devices, the dongle part isn't needed, but the programme does need the LCC to run properly. It isn't unknown for it to freeze during installation - often virus protection or firewalls can make it misbehave. You can get an updated LCC from steinberg on the net. Cubase LE is a very good free product.
I tried to trun off virus protection and firewall, but it didn't help. I succeeded in installing different version of LCC from the internet, but when I run it, its telling me: "No licenser found".

Quote:
My best guess is that you have a driver problem. I've got a Lexicon Omega sitting on this laptop, and the windows generic drivers don't work well with it. Cubase installs ASIO drivers and these can make a difference.
These ASIO drivers are installed from the begining - I won't help.

Quote:
the other thing is that there should be a new control for it in control panel - sound. It should show up as a usb device, and hidden somewhere will be an in and out control. The default on my Omega is about half volume.
This could be the problem, but I really can't find any new cotrol. And there is no information about any new control in user guide.

Quote:
The Alpha is a decent bit of kit, and has pretty good mic preamps, even though it doesn't have phantom.
With Rode NTG2 I can get to -12db sound only with full mic/input volume and I have to speak very loud and in very close distance to the mic. But there is noise about -45db.
Peter Berger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio