Company wants to Spend Money but I don't know what to BUY! - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old February 4th, 2010, 04:04 PM   #31
Inner Circle

Quote:
I just did a conversion of 2 DPA 4060. So that they can connect directly to any "plug-in power" recording devices, such as PCM-D50 or camcorder. With a custom built box, I can also power the DPA 4060 with phantom power and deliver balanced signal to the pre or recorder.
I don't know if there's any stock product provide this flexibility.
DPA Microphones :: Products
DPA Microphones :: Products
Old February 5th, 2010, 12:43 AM   #32
Inner Circle

As I remember (may be wrong) the DPA mini mics can run on anything from 5 to 50 volts and the Sony has 5 volts so should work IF you could interface the DPA connector to a 1/8 connector.

On the other hand, the price of the 4060/4061 might be overkilll for this useage. I love the 4061's that I have but for voice I'm satisfied with the Voice Technologies VT500 lavs and a Countryman B6 that have 1/8 connectors and work with the Sony. As I recall these are all significantly less pricey than the DPA's
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 09:41 AM   #33
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Low View Post
Jim, have you had much luck with USB audio interfaces? Everyone I've tried has not been robust enough for multichannel recording. Even thought in theory there should be more bandwidth with USB2 vs. Firewire 400 it just seems that the FW devices work better.
Last weekend I completed a successful recording session with an 8-channel USB interface (M-Audio FastTrack Ultra 8R) into my Sony VAIO VGN-NW270F laptop (2.2GHz Intel Core2 Duo) using Reaper audio software. I saw no issues with 8 channels via USB. This same interface did NOT work without glitching on a 1.6GHz Intel Atom netbook.
Richard Crowley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio