Noise in my audio at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old February 19th, 2010, 11:22 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Noise in my audio

Hellou!

I've got problem with audio in one clip of my Movie.

There were cars and children playin around when we were recording. With which effect can I reduce that noise?

can you tell me how are you reducing noise in post production ?

Thank you very much, best regards :)
Primoz Lazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2010, 11:30 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi Primoz

There are several very good noise reduction programs, but they are not always effective - it depends very much on the kind of noise. Also, noise reduction can also damage the basic sound if it is done too aggressively, so it is not always possible or desirable to try to remove ALL the noise.

What software do you use for editing? Some packages have noise reduction, but the best noise reduction software I've tried have been Sound Soap and Izotope.

Now I mainly use Izotope because it works for what I do, which is brass band and classical recording where most noise is due to somebody in the audience coughing, or someone bumping or dropping something.

I sometimes do have to remove yelling kids from concerts performed outdoors or in shopping centers, and it is tricky and time consuming and usually not perfect, so it all depends on what the purpose of your video is. Could you tell us more about what you are shooting and maybe someone else will be able to make a suggestion.
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2010, 11:41 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hello Jim you already helped me a lot :) thanks :D

I am recordin all night movie and now it is in postproducion. subsequently I recorded audio which was worthless. Now I must reduce noise in other clips.

Mostly there are sounds of cars, children are playing behind the scene, and other simmilar examples ...
Old February 19th, 2010, 02:19 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Have you got a short sound clip with the noise that you could post or e-mail me? If so I can try to clean it up with the software I use and see how well it works. What I'd need would be a short section of just ambient sound - hopefully just the normal background noise, no cars or kids or actors. A few seconds would be enough. Then a clip of a minute or two with the cars and kids.

I'd be happy to try it and then you'd have a better feel for whether it would be worth it to get the software.

Of course, none of this software has an easy learning curve, nor is it cheap! But it is quite good!
Old February 19th, 2010, 03:16 PM   #5
Regular Crew

thank you for your kindness. I already solved problem so I dont need your help any more. :)

Thank you any way :D
Old February 19th, 2010, 04:42 PM   #6
Inner Circle

I'm curious - how did you solve it?
Old February 20th, 2010, 03:23 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Hehe I threw that clip with bad audio out of my moive cause it isnt so important =)

So I solved it on the easiest way =)

Can I ask you were could I download SoundSoap free ? is that possible ?
Old February 20th, 2010, 04:17 AM   #8
Inner Circle

BIAS Free 14-Day Product Trials for SoundSoap

iZotope RX - Complete Audio Restoration for Izotope

Take a look at these links. I know that Izotope RX demo is available - not 100% sure about Sound Soap, but give it a try

Thry are both excellent programs, but for the way I work I prefer Izotope
Old February 20th, 2010, 04:32 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Thank you Jim, you helped me a lot :)
Primoz Lazar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio