best audio app for foley soundtrack logic nuendo ..? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old April 3rd, 2010, 01:02 PM   #1
Regular Crew

best audio app for foley soundtrack logic nuendo ..?

hi, in your experience, what is best audio application for ADR and foley: soundtrack, logic, nuendo ?
David Aliperti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 09:48 AM   #2
Inner Circle

IMO Sony's Vegas pro is the easiest with the ability to insert a TC window and other visual cue info to a preview monitor.
Rick Reineke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2010, 08:50 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I've used logic for modestly sized soundtrack projects (~20 to 30 total tracks of audio) for some short pieces and I found it worked pretty well. My Mac's getting a little long in the tooth these days, Mac Book Pro Dual Core 2GHz, and it ran fine, but I wasn't running a bunch of soft synths and used mostly my PCM91 for reverb.

I've also used ProTools LE for video work--it has limitations, and if you can work within them, it's a great program. Or if you can afford the HD setup. Stable, easy to use.

I've not really actually used Soundtrack Pro, but I've fired it up a couple times and the interface has just put me off for some reason. I did like the noise reduction feature that it has, which seemed to work pretty well.
Andrew Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2010, 07:00 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I use Cubase and Adobe Audition. Both allow me to view TC info and also import video for syncing purposes. I do also like the fact that Cubase can import OMF Files. I would highly recommend to get software that will allow OMF files if you plan on working with a ton of editors who use FCP. Will really help keep things organized imho.

Nicole
Nicole Hankerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2010, 07:28 PM   #5
Trustee

I've used Pro Tools for ADR and foley for the past 15 years!
Works great. Even ran a few ISDN ADR sessions from NY to LA with timecode for video sync and VO on the other channel back in the BetaSP days!
Favorite session was Dom DeLuise for The Brainiacs (Porchlight Entertainment). One of the nicest, most professional actors I've ever worked with!
Anyway, Pro Tools is my vote!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio