Using a SD 302 mixer in a Portabrace MXC-33. Possible? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old April 27th, 2010, 11:08 AM   #1
Trustee

Using a SD 302 mixer in a Portabrace MXC-33. Possible?

Hi, I already have an MXC-33 bag. It is specifically designed to works with the SHURE FP33 mixer. The thing is, I have a good deal on a Sound device 302 mixer and I would like to know if I will be able to use it correctly in the MXC-33 bag. Unfortunatly, I can't have access to the 302 before the purchase to try it in the bag...

Is there someone who know these products who can enlight me on this?
Old April 27th, 2010, 02:32 PM   #2
Inner Circle

will I be able to use it correctly in the MXC-33 bag
I'm not sure what you mean by "correctly"... With some ingenuity, Velcro, tie straps and some padding it could securely hold the 302. The FP33 is a totally different size mixer with different internal battery access location. About the only thing the two have in common is the side panel mounted I/O connectors. If you have a good buy on a 302, adapt the MXC-33 bag as a temporary measure.
Rick Reineke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2010, 07:38 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Philippe Archibald View Post
Unfortunately I can't have access to the 302 before the purchase to try it in the bag...
Mmmm that's a worry because if the price is low maybe there's something wrong with the mixer .. I'd have it checked out first.

However if you're happy .. I'd grab the 302 before you lose it and work on the bag later.

If for some reason you can't configure it properly don't muck with it .. it'll drive you crazy at work.

Hope it works out.
Cheers.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio