Sanken CS-3E accessories at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old May 28th, 2010, 12:49 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Sanken CS-3E accessories

Based upon the overwhelming feedback I've read along with finally having the opportunity to hear the Sanken CS-3E I'm very close to adding one to my arsenal. I shoot weddings, events and corporate productions and think this will really elevate the weak part of our work. It appears that the mic comes with nothing when you purchase it (other than a very large credit card bill). Can anyone suggest a basic wind screen (I can't believe it doesn't even come with that) along with a good shock mount? I've been looking at the K-Tek catalog but I'm not sure. I'm also considering trying the mic with a Manfroto 420b combi boom stand to capture interviews. I'll be feeding the Sanken into my Edirol R-44.
Robert McGowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2010, 06:18 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hey Robert,
I think you'll want to spend a bit of money on suspension and wind protection. After all, each link in the chain is important. No sense having a great mic and the sound being spoiled by a creaky suspension or a gusty of wind. I use my mic with a rycote system and have never had a problem. Rycote also makes a soft mount that works we. I have used the K Tek KSM mount with a softee for interiors and light winds. I believe Rode makes a good system for considerable less than rycote so you might look into that.
I'm sure others will chime in with suggestions.
Cheers
Jon
Jon Goodman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio