What bag for a Tascam DR-680 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old July 28th, 2010, 03:14 AM   #1
Regular Crew

What bag for a Tascam DR-680

Hello,

I am looking for the right bag for a Tascam DR-680. We will be using it without a mixer, most of the time tabletop, but sometimes portable.

Some options:
1) Tascam CS-DR-680 and a big bag/case with the rest of the gear (microphones, cables, etc.).
2) A bigger audio bag (Portabrace, Petrol, Kata) that can fit the Tascam, one or two wireless receivers/transmitters, mic(s) and cables).
3) The Tascam bag in a bigger audiobag. I could take it out for the situations when we used it on a table.

It would be nice if you could fit at least one wireless receiver/transmitter in/on the CS-DR-680 bag, but that doesn't look possible.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Sjoerd Banga
Sjoerd Banga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 12:08 AM   #2
Trustee

petrol Pegz-1 will hold the DR680 + a couple wireless, your headphones, and whatever else you'll need. super configurable. you probably never have too much room in the bag

portabrace is supposed to have a custom bag, but I just don't like their stuff at all
Steve Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 06:25 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Steve,

How would you compare the Petrol bags with Kata (Koala, Sundo)? I have some Kata bags for video and like them very much, but the audio bags seem to be more expensive (in the Netherlands) then Petrol.

talking about the DR-680. Somewhere (dvxuser.net) I remember I read a post from you that when I would record with a mic to the DR-680, that I should put the MIC Gain on high. Did I understand that correctly?

Regards,

Sjoerd
Sjoerd Banga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 08:43 AM   #4
Trustee

I haven't tried the Kata bags, but I have used petrol and portabrace, petrol wins by a margin

yes with the DR680 leave the mic "gain" in high. its actually a 26db pad mislabeled
Steve Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 09:48 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I can hold a Sound Devices 722 and DR680 in Kata Sundo 1.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio