DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   Bends in wireless packs (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/483067-bends-wireless-packs.html)

Terry Wall August 8th, 2010 02:22 PM

Bends in wireless pack antennas

Hey, Guy, Ty or any of the others who post on the site...got a question: I have 2 senni "G2" systems that--over time--have developed bends in both the transmitter and receiver bodypacks, and was wondering if there is some neat trick to get bends (not kinks) out of the antennas? I know these bends can hinder the performance of the sets and before I make a problem worse by trying to just bend them back into shape, thought I'd poll the forum for guidance, wisdom and advice. ;-)

Thanks in advance!
Terry Wall

John Willett August 9th, 2010 12:59 PM

The G2 antennas are quite floppy and are normally bendy.

Or do you mean that they have a tight bend, like a fold?

Guy Cochran August 10th, 2010 04:46 PM

Hi Terry,

If they're less than 2 years old, you may be able to get them replaced under warranty at Sennheiser's discretion (read fine print Powered by Google Docs). Give Sennheiser a ring. I believe that we can order replacement antennas for the SK100 or EK100 G2 at less than $20 if memory serves me correctly. PM me if you'd like any assistance in doing so.

Terry Wall August 11th, 2010 09:46 PM

Hey, Guy...thanks for the "heads up." Unfortunately, the sets are just barely out of warranty! :-( I actually got a note from Scott Houston at Sennheiser USA and apparently because the antennas are soldered into the packs they need to be sent back to Senni for repair--unless you do that kind of thing for them as an authorized repair center. I'd be delighted to do business with you! BTW--I've watched the video you did for the g2 set...several times. It's a great reminder tutorial!

Thanks again!
TW

Jeffery Magat August 11th, 2010 09:51 PM

How bent are they? Usually you can just 'bend & roll' the antenna to a vertical position. If you have folds... that may be a different story.

Guy Cochran August 12th, 2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry Wall (Post 1558278)
Hey, Guy...thanks for the "heads up." Unfortunately, the sets are just barely out of warranty! :-( I actually got a note from Scott Houston at Sennheiser USA and apparently because the antennas are soldered into the packs they need to be sent back to Senni for repair--unless you do that kind of thing for them as an authorized repair center. I'd be delighted to do business with you! BTW--I've watched the video you did for the g2 set...several times. It's a great reminder tutorial!

Thanks again!
TW

Hi Terry,

Scott is a good guy, he'll take care of you. I've had him here showing secret prototype mics so I know full well that he knows his stuff. If it were me, I'd just send them into Sennheiser USA for repair direct. Be sure to post back and follow-up what the cost was. Some others might have the same issue.

I'm glad the you watched G2 tutorial video, that's basically the training that Sennheiser gave us dealers distilled down to laymen's terms in 1/2 the time, while also adding in a few tips aimed at the videographer instead of the music industry. Hopefully we'll get a G3 version out soon.