need some help - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old October 9th, 2010, 11:29 AM   #16
New Boot

the dropouts at :08 and :11 into the track also at 1:38, 1:43, 1:53 are the parts where you can hear the baby crying I like to listen to this and I have had 0 luck with iZotope RX 2 as I deleted the parts and when I go to repair it in iZotope RX 2 it does not work. Well it may work but I have not done any audio work before. Also I listen to this all day long and the baby sound is driving me nuts.Also there is no official soundtrack of this song so I have no other chose but download a YouTube version.
Umar Abid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2010, 11:57 AM   #17
Regular Crew

You can't just delete big sections of a track and have software try and rebuild it... it doesn't work like that.
Jeffery Magat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2010, 01:12 PM   #18
Major Player

Umar you have to provide the original file that has not been worked on yet.
Old October 9th, 2010, 01:54 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umar Abid View Post
the dropouts at :08 and :11 into the track also at 1:38, 1:43, 1:53 are the parts where you can hear the baby crying I like to listen to this and I have had 0 luck with iZotope RX 2 as I deleted the parts and when I go to repair it in iZotope RX 2 it does not work. Well it may work but I have not done any audio work before. Also I listen to this all day long and the baby sound is driving me nuts.Also there is no official soundtrack of this song so I have no other chose but download a YouTube version.
Are you saying the file labeled "V1" has a baby crying at those points in the file but the one labeled "V7" has had them cut out? For the life of me I can't hear any baby crying in either clip you posted. I do hear a bit of high melody at those points in V1, a rhythmic piping "tah dah tadeedledadah" played on something that sounds sort of like an ocarina, pan pipe, or native flute but it's definitely part of the music, not something interfereing with it. And in case you're wondering, I isolated those segments and looped them for playback on a good quality audio workstation (Sony SoundForge, Echo Audio interface, Mackie mixer, JBL Pro LSR4328 monitor speakers, Sony MDR7506 headphones). No baby there that I could hear.

Tools like Rx don't fill in gaps left by cutting like you did in V7. What they can do is remove specific groups of frequencies while leaving others intact. If you had an AC mains hum, for instance, Rx could remove the exact frequencies involved without seriously affecting the other sounds too much. But it won't take a gap of silence and fill it in by rebuilding the music that was originally in it.
Old October 9th, 2010, 02:05 PM   #20
Major Player

Actually Steve RX can replace the audio in drop-outs within reason. Not is a situation with dialogue of course, but if it's a sustained note or something like that it can sort of synthesize the information.

Check this video at arouns :35 sec.

YouTube - iZotope RX - Overview
Old October 9th, 2010, 02:14 PM   #21
New Boot

Hi the 1.Little Big Soldier Main Theme - Jackie Chan v1 this was two YouTube flv and then i converted it and that I merged and edited it together as mp3 even though I did not know much about audio here is the original flv the link is
http://rapidshare.com/files/42409287...AR_archive.rar
Hope you can help me with this I don’t want to be such a pain it’s just I really like the song.
Old October 9th, 2010, 02:14 PM   #22
Inner Circle

A note, yes. But a full bar or two of complete music where there is only silence??????
Old October 9th, 2010, 02:21 PM   #23
New Boot

Yes the V1 had the baby crying in it and V7 I just took out the baby crying. The baby does not cry when he song it’s just in beginning of the music not the song. I did not notice at first but ones you listen to all day long you kind of have sixth sense of where and when the baby is crying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve House View Post
Are you saying the file labeled "V1" has a baby crying at those points in the file but the one labeled "V7" has had them cut out? For the life of me I can't hear any baby crying in either clip you posted. I do hear a bit of high melody at those points in V1, a rhythmic piping "tah dah tadeedledadah" played on something that sounds sort of like an ocarina, pan pipe, or native flute but it's definitely part of the music, not something interfereing with it. And in case you're wondering, I isolated those segments and looped them for playback on a good quality audio workstation (Sony SoundForge, Echo Audio interface, Mackie mixer, JBL Pro LSR4328 monitor speakers, Sony MDR7506 headphones). No baby there that I could hear.

Tools like Rx don't fill in gaps left by cutting like you did in V7. What they can do is remove specific groups of frequencies while leaving others intact. If you had an AC mains hum, for instance, Rx could remove the exact frequencies involved without seriously affecting the other sounds too much. But it won't take a gap of silence and fill it in by rebuilding the music that was originally in it.
Old October 9th, 2010, 02:33 PM   #24
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umar Abid View Post
Hi the 1.Little Big Soldier Main Theme - Jackie Chan v1 this was two YouTube flv and then i converted it and that I merged and edited it together as mp3 even though I did not know much about audio here is the original flv the link is
http://rapidshare.com/files/42409287...AR_archive.rar
Hope you can help me with this I don’t want to be such a pain it’s just I really like the song.
I still don't hear any baby crying on either flv track. I hear that piping I mentioned before, not sure what the instrument is - it may be a keyboard instead of an ocarina, it sounds kind of organ like after all.
Old October 9th, 2010, 02:34 PM   #25
New Boot

I don’t have Sony SoundForge can I ask can you to upload the looped version please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve House View Post

Old October 9th, 2010, 02:44 PM   #26
New Boot

The baying is crying in it it’s just someone put the music on top of the baby crying and put the baby crying lower than a bit so all you hear is more of the music than baby crying it’s their me be I on the pc if you put up speakers to full blast and play it it’s there. I don’t know why you cannot hear it it’s their as I said its like someone just put the music on top of the crying baby it’s their why don’t you ask other people that you know? I am not crazy it’s their they baby crying. It’s in the 油菜花 FT 王媞 Jackie Chan Little Big Soldier Song.flv that’s the one where there is a baby crying I only used this for the beginning of the song before he sang the song then I used this by copy and paste method for the second part of the song. But their was baying crying in it I did not notice myself until I loped in vlc then I heard the baby crying at just before the song sung so you see as I used copy and paste it’s in the original flv. I need a loop for the begging and then a second part of the song before he sings the second part or if some can take that dam baby sound out.

Last edited by Umar Abid; October 9th, 2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old October 9th, 2010, 06:12 PM   #27
Inner Circle

Sorry, but I jst don't hear any baby crys.
Old October 9th, 2010, 09:52 PM   #28
Inner Circle

Second the "no baby"

Can't hear it at all.
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio