need some help - Page 2 at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old October 9th, 2010, 12:29 PM   #16
New Boot
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: uk
Posts: 15
the dropouts at :08 and :11 into the track also at 1:38, 1:43, 1:53 are the parts where you can hear the baby crying I like to listen to this and I have had 0 luck with iZotope RX 2 as I deleted the parts and when I go to repair it in iZotope RX 2 it does not work. Well it may work but I have not done any audio work before. Also I listen to this all day long and the baby sound is driving me nuts.Also there is no official soundtrack of this song so I have no other chose but download a YouTube version.
Umar Abid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2010, 12:57 PM   #17
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 186
You can't just delete big sections of a track and have software try and rebuild it... it doesn't work like that.
Jeffery Magat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2010, 02:12 PM   #18
Major Player
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arcata, Ca
Posts: 750
Umar you have to provide the original file that has not been worked on yet.
__________________
My Work: http://www.youtube.com/ChadWork1
Sony FS5 :: Panasonic GH4 :: Sony PMW-EX1 :: FCPx :: AT4053b :: Rode NTG-3,
Chad Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2010, 02:54 PM   #19
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umar Abid View Post
the dropouts at :08 and :11 into the track also at 1:38, 1:43, 1:53 are the parts where you can hear the baby crying I like to listen to this and I have had 0 luck with iZotope RX 2 as I deleted the parts and when I go to repair it in iZotope RX 2 it does not work. Well it may work but I have not done any audio work before. Also I listen to this all day long and the baby sound is driving me nuts.Also there is no official soundtrack of this song so I have no other chose but download a YouTube version.
Are you saying the file labeled "V1" has a baby crying at those points in the file but the one labeled "V7" has had them cut out? For the life of me I can't hear any baby crying in either clip you posted. I do hear a bit of high melody at those points in V1, a rhythmic piping "tah dah tadeedledadah" played on something that sounds sort of like an ocarina, pan pipe, or native flute but it's definitely part of the music, not something interfereing with it. And in case you're wondering, I isolated those segments and looped them for playback on a good quality audio workstation (Sony SoundForge, Echo Audio interface, Mackie mixer, JBL Pro LSR4328 monitor speakers, Sony MDR7506 headphones). No baby there that I could hear.

Tools like Rx don't fill in gaps left by cutting like you did in V7. What they can do is remove specific groups of frequencies while leaving others intact. If you had an AC mains hum, for instance, Rx could remove the exact frequencies involved without seriously affecting the other sounds too much. But it won't take a gap of silence and fill it in by rebuilding the music that was originally in it.
__________________
Good news, Cousins! This week's chocolate ration is 15 grams!
Steve House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2010, 03:05 PM   #20
Major Player
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arcata, Ca
Posts: 750
Actually Steve RX can replace the audio in drop-outs within reason. Not is a situation with dialogue of course, but if it's a sustained note or something like that it can sort of synthesize the information.

Check this video at arouns :35 sec.

YouTube - iZotope RX - Overview
__________________
My Work: http://www.youtube.com/ChadWork1
Sony FS5 :: Panasonic GH4 :: Sony PMW-EX1 :: FCPx :: AT4053b :: Rode NTG-3,
Chad Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2010, 03:14 PM   #21
New Boot
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: uk
Posts: 15
Hi the 1.Little Big Soldier Main Theme - Jackie Chan v1 this was two YouTube flv and then i converted it and that I merged and edited it together as mp3 even though I did not know much about audio here is the original flv the link is
http://rapidshare.com/files/42409287...AR_archive.rar
Hope you can help me with this I donít want to be such a pain itís just I really like the song.
Umar Abid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2010, 03:14 PM   #22
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,742
A note, yes. But a full bar or two of complete music where there is only silence??????
__________________
Good news, Cousins! This week's chocolate ration is 15 grams!
Steve House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2010, 03:21 PM   #23
New Boot
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: uk
Posts: 15
Yes the V1 had the baby crying in it and V7 I just took out the baby crying. The baby does not cry when he song itís just in beginning of the music not the song. I did not notice at first but ones you listen to all day long you kind of have sixth sense of where and when the baby is crying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve House View Post
Are you saying the file labeled "V1" has a baby crying at those points in the file but the one labeled "V7" has had them cut out? For the life of me I can't hear any baby crying in either clip you posted. I do hear a bit of high melody at those points in V1, a rhythmic piping "tah dah tadeedledadah" played on something that sounds sort of like an ocarina, pan pipe, or native flute but it's definitely part of the music, not something interfereing with it. And in case you're wondering, I isolated those segments and looped them for playback on a good quality audio workstation (Sony SoundForge, Echo Audio interface, Mackie mixer, JBL Pro LSR4328 monitor speakers, Sony MDR7506 headphones). No baby there that I could hear.

Tools like Rx don't fill in gaps left by cutting like you did in V7. What they can do is remove specific groups of frequencies while leaving others intact. If you had an AC mains hum, for instance, Rx could remove the exact frequencies involved without seriously affecting the other sounds too much. But it won't take a gap of silence and fill it in by rebuilding the music that was originally in it.
Umar Abid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2010, 03:33 PM   #24
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umar Abid View Post
Hi the 1.Little Big Soldier Main Theme - Jackie Chan v1 this was two YouTube flv and then i converted it and that I merged and edited it together as mp3 even though I did not know much about audio here is the original flv the link is
http://rapidshare.com/files/42409287...AR_archive.rar
Hope you can help me with this I donít want to be such a pain itís just I really like the song.
I still don't hear any baby crying on either flv track. I hear that piping I mentioned before, not sure what the instrument is - it may be a keyboard instead of an ocarina, it sounds kind of organ like after all.
__________________
Good news, Cousins! This week's chocolate ration is 15 grams!
Steve House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2010, 03:34 PM   #25
New Boot
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: uk
Posts: 15
I donít have Sony SoundForge can I ask can you to upload the looped version please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve House View Post
Are you saying the file labeled "V1" has a baby crying at those points in the file but the one labeled "V7" has had them cut out? For the life of me I can't hear any baby crying in either clip you posted. I do hear a bit of high melody at those points in V1, a rhythmic piping "tah dah tadeedledadah" played on something that sounds sort of like an ocarina, pan pipe, or native flute but it's definitely part of the music, not something interfereing with it. And in case you're wondering, I isolated those segments and looped them for playback on a good quality audio workstation (Sony SoundForge, Echo Audio interface, Mackie mixer, JBL Pro LSR4328 monitor speakers, Sony MDR7506 headphones). No baby there that I could hear.

Tools like Rx don't fill in gaps left by cutting like you did in V7. What they can do is remove specific groups of frequencies while leaving others intact. If you had an AC mains hum, for instance, Rx could remove the exact frequencies involved without seriously affecting the other sounds too much. But it won't take a gap of silence and fill it in by rebuilding the music that was originally in it.
Umar Abid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2010, 03:44 PM   #26
New Boot
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: uk
Posts: 15
The baying is crying in it it’s just someone put the music on top of the baby crying and put the baby crying lower than a bit so all you hear is more of the music than baby crying it’s their me be I on the pc if you put up speakers to full blast and play it it’s there. I don’t know why you cannot hear it it’s their as I said its like someone just put the music on top of the crying baby it’s their why don’t you ask other people that you know? I am not crazy it’s their they baby crying. It’s in the 油菜花 FT 王媞 Jackie Chan Little Big Soldier Song.flv that’s the one where there is a baby crying I only used this for the beginning of the song before he sang the song then I used this by copy and paste method for the second part of the song. But their was baying crying in it I did not notice myself until I loped in vlc then I heard the baby crying at just before the song sung so you see as I used copy and paste it’s in the original flv. I need a loop for the begging and then a second part of the song before he sings the second part or if some can take that dam baby sound out.

Last edited by Umar Abid; October 9th, 2010 at 04:27 PM.
Umar Abid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2010, 07:12 PM   #27
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,742
Sorry, but I jst don't hear any baby crys.
__________________
Good news, Cousins! This week's chocolate ration is 15 grams!
Steve House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2010, 10:52 PM   #28
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 2,206
Second the "no baby"

Can't hear it at all.
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:12 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network