DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   need some help (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/485707-need-some-help.html)

Umar Abid October 5th, 2010 01:29 PM

need some help

Hi I need some help can some body help me I need them to edit a mp3 file that I have I have tried to do it myself but I am hopeless at audio files. Ok there is a baby crying in my mp3 can some remove it for me? I think the base is too high as well.

Jeffery Magat October 5th, 2010 01:34 PM

baby crying? Sounds like you'll need the reshoot filter (courtesy of Ty Ford).

Umar Abid October 5th, 2010 02:02 PM

Hi I have no idea what do you mean?

Steve House October 5th, 2010 03:12 PM

"Using the reshoot filter" is a humorous term meaning that in many cases where there is interfereing noise like a baby crying sitting on top of the sound you want to hear, it may not even be possible to fix it by editing. In such cases, the only way to get clean audio is to go back out and shoot the scene over again, this time without the baby being present. Why don't you post the file so we can listen to it? Once we know what you have to deal with, maybe we can come up with some ideas that would help.

Umar Abid October 5th, 2010 03:46 PM

ok but where do I post the file?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve House (Post 1575865)
"Using the reshoot filter" is a humorous term meaning that in many cases where there is interfereing noise like a baby crying sitting on top of the sound you want to hear, it may not even be possible to fix it by editing. In such cases, the only way to get clean audio is to go back out and shoot the scene over again, this time without the baby being present. Why don't you post the file so we can listen to it? Once we know what you have to deal with, maybe we can come up with some ideas that would help.

Chad Johnson October 6th, 2010 04:39 PM

When you open up a new message box, scroll down. You see "Manage Attachments". There you can upload a file. I'm not sure if it will do mp3s though.

Umar Abid October 7th, 2010 05:58 AM

I don’t see anything like that? It’s not their I can post a screen shot if you like?

Richard Crowley October 7th, 2010 07:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
"I don’t see anything like that? It’s not their I can post a screen shot if you like?"
Are you asking about what the sound LOOKS like? Or what it SOUNDS like?

The Manage Attachment button looks fine to me. Did you scroll down to look for it?

Umar Abid October 7th, 2010 12:35 PM

Here is what it lookis like
Imageshack - ghghhgn.jpg
so you see its not there:(

Chad Johnson October 7th, 2010 12:49 PM

That's odd. You should write the mods.

Adam Gold October 7th, 2010 12:55 PM

As a new member with very few posts, it's likely he just doesn't have access to that yet.

Jim Andrada October 8th, 2010 11:23 AM

Umar,

Is there any reasonable amount of time where the baby ISN'T crying? In other words, are there a few seconds or more when the only sound on the clip is the sound you want to keep?

If so there MIGHT be a way to improve your situation. No guarantee, but maybe it could work. So please let me know the answer to the above and if it is "yes" we can think about how to proceed.

Chad Johnson October 8th, 2010 12:45 PM

In iZotope RX you just select the baby cry (you can see it visually in the spectrum) and remove it. Chances are it's higher in pitch than the person talking, so it's possible to remove it without cutting into their voice.

Umar Abid October 9th, 2010 06:48 AM

Hi here is the file
http://rapidshare.com/files/42402069...AR_archive.rar
I don’t really know much about audio I only know how to delete it can someone please edit the mp3 for me as i don’t really know what i am doing can anyone help me?

Steve House October 9th, 2010 11:07 AM

What the ..????? What does 2 versions of Jackie Chan singing a movie theme in Chinese have to do with editing a baby's cries out of an interview segment? That's what the link you posted pointed to on RapidShare.

I'm hearing occasional distortion likely caused by overloading the recording inputs. Nothing can be done about that except to re-record it properly. The second version of the track also has dropouts at :08 and :11 into the track also at 1:38, 1:43, 1:53