Pc to plasma (LG 50PK350) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old October 7th, 2010, 07:29 AM   #1
New Boot

Pc to plasma (LG 50PK350)

Hi I have this tv LG 50PK350 and I decided to hook my pc up to this so I went out and got dvi to hmdi now I have my pc connected to my tv the only problem know is the audio. I have my xbxo 360 connected to the tv using the left and right audio jack and now I only have these free components are free is audio in (RGB/DVI) and Optical digtal audio in so can some help me with this what would be the best way to connect the audio from my pc to tv.
Umar Abid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2010, 07:49 AM   #2
Trustee

Does your TV allow you to feed audio separately from the HDMI? Only you can determine that either by experiment or by reading your user manual.
Richard Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2010, 08:10 AM   #3
New Boot

I was thinking of one of these audio in (RGB/DVI) or Optical digtal audio in can you tell me which is best and how do I conect it to my pc as my pc has Optical digtal so whould this be the best bet?
Old October 7th, 2010, 08:33 AM   #4
Major Player

Umar.

Even though the HDMI carries audio signal DVI does NOT.
if your computer has optical digital out and your TV has Optical digital IN then that is the best way to do it.
get a digital optical cable (TOSLINK) and associate that input to your HDMI video (if the TV allows it).
then you should be set.

GG
Gerry Gallegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2010, 11:01 AM   #6
Major Player

It depends on which connectors your equipment has, as long as its an IN coming from an OUT, those you referance are 3.5mm mini, which i hardly ever see, its ussualy a small squarish connector. but again only you can look at your equipment to see what you got.
make sure your display will let you select the optical AUDIO source for the HDMI video in.

hope this helps.
Gerry Gallegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2010, 11:05 AM   #7
New Boot

Ok thanks but i am not sure on my computer it does say whether it’s in or out but on my TV it said it was in but don’t know about my computer? Here is the compter I have http://uk.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID...ntent=overview
I know it’s not high end no more as its been old compare to some of other high end computer that’s out there.
What if it was out coming to in would that work or does it have to be a in to out?

Last edited by Umar Abid; October 7th, 2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old October 7th, 2010, 08:33 PM   #8
Trustee

The main question is whether your plasma screen will accept audio from some other source while using the HDMI for video input. First, you have to answer that YES or NO. If the answer is YES, THEN you must determine WHICH audio input it will allow you to use during HDMI video input. THEN you can figure out how best to get from the computer output to the plasma input.
Richard Crowley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio