AKG C 400 BL Boundary Mics and Mixer box? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old October 16th, 2010, 09:16 PM   #1
Inner Circle

AKG C 400 BL Boundary Mics and Mixer box?

Hi Guys

Has anyone come across the AKG C 400 BL mics at all that come with a 2 channel mixer/phantom supply ???? Chip and I bought a bunch of these and they are really good but I have no specs on the B29 Battery Power Supply/2 Channel Mixer unit... I'm figuring it runs on 9v (tested and it's fine!!) but does anyone know what the output level is???? Going into my camera it sounds like it's overloading the input so it's probably a line out???

Anyone have or used these before??? The sets come with 2 x AKG C 400 BL mics and a B29 2 mic mixer in a plain white box but it's made by Ariel Amplification. The set with the mixer is called the C400 BL-1 They seem to work really well but I'd like a few specs on the white box!!!

Thanks

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2010, 04:51 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Haven't used them but found full information about it on the AKG web site ... B 29 L
Old October 17th, 2010, 05:25 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Hi Steve

Thanks but I found that too!! This box is the B29 (no "L") and is just a white plastic case with two minijacks in and a stereo cable (with 3.5mm jack) out ...there is a power supply socket (standard DC one) !!

The 29L has XLR's and also a mic/line switch and level controls!!! With a 9V supply this box actually works well (I made up a DC plug to a PP3 battery clip) but the output seems like it's line level.

What I will do is clip off the stereo plug and wire the out to XLR so I can feed it into my cam's XLR which is switchable to mic or line. I was hoping someone would know what level comes out of the little mixer board???

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio