Fostex FR2 vs FR2 LE at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old December 16th, 2010, 10:56 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Fostex FR2 vs FR2 LE

Hi All,
I've been searching this forum and other sources, but have not been able to find a good review/comparison of the FR2 FR2 LE. Anyone here have experience with both units? I'm looking to get one of these units (used) in the very short term, and was wondering which would be better. My main uses would be location shooting for short films, concert videos, conferences, seminars, etc. Thanks
Coral Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2010, 04:34 PM   #2
Major Player

I have used both and owned the original FR-2 for several years.

My review of the original FR-2 is HERE.

My review of the FR-2LE is HERE.

I hope you find them useful.

Both reviews were published in "LineUp" magazine, published by the Institute of Broadcast Sound and widely available to professional broadcasters and sound recordists in the UK and abroad.

I prefer the original FR-2 over the LE, personally and it has AES3 digital in and out, which the LE doesn't. But the LE does have double the battery life.

For the original FR-2, I would say that a Tamiya battery or two plus a fast charger is essential.

Both are nice machines and I still stand by my findings that I think the FR-2LE is the cheapest recorder that I could call "professional".

I hope this helps.

I hope this helps.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio