DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   Mic Review: Superstar Microphone "Amazing Voice Magnifier" (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/489409-mic-review-superstar-microphone-amazing-voice-magnifier.html)

Chad Johnson December 27th, 2010 05:20 PM

Mic Review: Superstar Microphone "Amazing Voice Magnifier"

Finally there actually is a "one mic fits all" solution for both audio engineers and videographers. The Amazing Voice Magnifier eliminates the need for cables, amps, and outboard effects. It's a perfect solution for DSLR audio, as well as live performance and cooperate video. This mic is as comfortable in the studio as it is at the end of a boom pole or mounted on your Red One camera (Scarlet too). Stop buying shotguns and hypercardioid mics! Sell them and pick up the one mic that does it all equally: The Superstar Microphone Amazing Voice Magnifier.

Rick Reineke December 27th, 2010 06:48 PM

Thanks Chad, could you recommend a shock mount & windscreen?
I'll be posting all my clunky shotguns and such on eBay tomorrow. That should give me enough $$ for one hell of a Superbowl party.

Chad Johnson December 27th, 2010 06:56 PM

That's the thing Rick, you don't need to protect against "shock". It's that good. I do need to find suitable mounting solutions though.

Rick Reineke December 27th, 2010 07:49 PM

Without actually trying it out, I would think Duct taping it to a ceiling or a suitable 'hat rig' would work. It looks fairly light too, so expensive gaffer tape is unneeded. More savings! And I can sell that expensive boom pole too. The mic's attractive colors are sure to draw attention and get the proud owner more work.
Guess I owe you a debt of gratitude Chad. Tell ya what... I'll buy ya a beer and a 12th avenue 'hoe' if your gonna be in NY. HOW COOL IS THAT? !!!

Robert Turchick December 27th, 2010 08:10 PM

Perfect!
I've been looking for a good solution to go with my Barbie camera! (I got the brunette. The blonde's DOF is just too narrow for my taste)
I may have a solution for mounting the mic to the camera too. (or should I say camera to the mic?)

Chad Johnson December 27th, 2010 08:11 PM

Right on Rick! And with all the money you save from buying mics and wireless kits you can afford a couple hos for yourself. But seriously, I'm just looking for the most bang for the buck. No thanks necessary.

John Kilderry December 27th, 2010 08:15 PM

Great review, Chad. Is it possible to hack the spring to be compatible with my Mercury Playback Engine? I'm looking for a mic that will decrease rendering times. Sony has one, but it's expensive.

Chad Johnson December 27th, 2010 08:28 PM

That's the thing John, the mic plays itself back so it's compatible with any playback engine.

John Kilderry December 27th, 2010 09:16 PM

Cool! Could you recommend a case?

Chad Johnson December 27th, 2010 09:48 PM

The Kata "One Man Band" 75 has served me well. It has the room for your camera and, I guess just this one mic from now on. Dang I'll need a smaller bag.

Andrew Smith December 27th, 2010 11:02 PM

That mic should be particularly handy for rap videos.

It's phat for rap with those new "electro bling" colours.

Andrew

Jacques E. Bouchard December 28th, 2010 04:49 PM

This'll go perfectly with the new digital recorder I got for Christmas:

Amazon.com: Barbie Sing with Me Karaoke Tape Recorder: Toys & Games

Chad Johnson December 28th, 2010 05:53 PM

Hey that's a great device for second system sound for DSLR enthusiasts!

Peter Moretti December 28th, 2010 08:11 PM

Do you know if they are gong to be releasing a titanium upgrade for the spring? I'm kind of concerned about moisture? Thanks much!

P.S. And is the spring replaceable and available in different levels of resistance? Thanks again!!

Chad Johnson December 28th, 2010 08:25 PM

This tool also cures option-itus too. There are no options other than what you see. No more spending, or worrying about how to mod out your mic. It's just awesome as is.