Field recorders for lavs? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old April 4th, 2011, 10:30 AM   #1
Major Player

Field recorders for lavs?

I'm probably going to be going to film a trade show, and it is NOISY as hell. I figure the best way to record the presentation would be to set up a lav on the speaker. However, with all the electronics at the trade show, I'm sure using a wireless system would have tons of interference.

I have a Zoom H4, but I was thinking about getting a Zoom H2 or Zoom H1 to be used as a field recorder - I can sync video & audio in post. Since I'm not really worried about the audio quality of the built-in mics, can I go cheaper, say a Tascam, or something like that?
Old April 4th, 2011, 07:53 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Field recorders for lavs?

What's the final use for the video? Theatrical release? Training video? Home entertainment?

It's hard to advise about equipment without knowing what quality level you need.
Greg Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 02:10 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Field recorders for lavs?

Final use will be in corporate YouTube video for a tech startup.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio