AZDEN Introduces Dual-Channel On-Camera UHF Reciever at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old August 16th, 2005, 09:30 AM   #1
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

AZDEN Introduces Dual-Channel On-Camera UHF Reciever

Azden has just introduced their 200 series on camera UHF 2 mic system. This system allows 2 people to be mic-ed simultaneously, giving the videographer maximum flexibility for almost any situation. While 2 mic systems have been around for some time, they have been VHF based. There are several important reasons why UHF is superior for this application.

The biggest technological difference is in the way various radio signals travel. VHF signals tend to travel in a straight line, and when they encounter obstacles like chairs and tables, and even people, they bounce, or reflect, off these objects. The result can be noise {hissing sound}, or drop out. The drop out is caused by the original signal and the reflected signal in effect canceling each other out for an instant. Either of these factors can adversely affect your soundtrack. On the other hand, UHF signals tend to travel either through or around these same objects, so there are no reflections, and noise and dropouts are virtually eliminated. This is the biggest advantage that UHF has over VHF. Add this to the to the fact that the 200 series comes with 63 field adjustable channels, and the potential for interference is virtually eliminated.

Azden has also done an outstanding job of packaging the 200 series into complete kits. Each kit includes a receiver, 2 mics/transmitters {choice of 2 lapel, 1 lapel and 1 handheld, or 2 handhelds} and they also include connecting cables for either 1/8 inch mini or XLR, insuring maximum Camcorder compatibility. The receiver will run for approximately 8 hours on 6 AA batteries {not included}, making the 200 series just about perfect for Videographers needing top quality audio in almost any situation.

For more information http://www.videoguys.com/azden.htm#azd200

Gary

Last edited by Gary Bettan; August 16th, 2005 at 10:11 AM.
Gary Bettan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2005, 09:42 AM   #2
Trustee

Nice package. As the owner of a 100LT system, this means I can buy the new receiver unit and a second transmitter and have a dual and single channel system. Very nice.

Sean McHenry

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2005, 10:48 AM   #3

This has nothing to do with Azden

... but I just wanted to note I see you guys are selling the Vegas 6/DVD3 bundle for $499.00. Just two weeks ago I paid $674.00 for the same bundle, directly through Sony, via a link on DMN Sony Vegas Forum's page.

Man, I must be the poster child for Buyer Beware.

Pfffft.
Old August 17th, 2005, 06:35 PM   #4
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

In the future always check to see if Videoguys has it ;-)

Don't forget our 5% discount for DV Info Net members!!

Gary

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio