Rode responds in an exemplary manner - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old May 4th, 2011, 01:00 AM   #16
Trustee

re: Rode responds in an exemplary manner

I've been told...

'I have been told that the US orders are being fulfilled and ******** should have stock very shortly. I don't have an exact date unfortunately.'

...Hope so...
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 03:29 AM   #17
Trustee

Scott Emerton of Rode Australia, kindly said he would send me a PinMic on extended loan until mine arrived. He then advised me by an email that I received yesterday at about 6-00pm that the PM had shipped from Aus.

Two hours later I received an email from the US saying that my ordered PinMic had shipped from there! Would you believe it?!

The one from Aus arrived today - super fast shipping.

A very neat unit...

...the saga is almost over...

Thanks Scott...
Old May 25th, 2011, 04:56 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Johnson View Post
Things got messed up down under from Australia's own hurricane a while back. And they did'nt expect such a big response to their new lavs and VMP. I guess I shouldn't have made my videos so awesome... Sorry everyone!
Yeah it's all your fault, Chad! XD
Seriously, I love the mic shootout videos you made.

I'm glad it worked out for you in the end, Renton. My wife bought for me a VMP as birthday gift last month and it arrived within 2 weeks to Singapore. The B&H has them in stock and they're reliable :)

Now just wished that shipping didn't cost so much...with import tax, the total cost does add up.
Jimmy Toha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 01:41 PM   #19
Major Player

I had a minor problem with a Rode product last year that I contacted them about (Rode stereo video mic bag ridiculously small and not fit for purpose) but had no response so moaned on here about. Hey presto got a response from a Rode person on the forum and then an email from Rode saying they would look into it and get back to me. This looked good all round for me and them of course to be seen to be responding. Guess what? Never heard anything again.

Geoff
Geoffrey Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 01:51 PM   #20
Trustee

Well I can say as the person who started this thread that moaning here has had Rode responding in an exemplary manner...producing a complete and highly satisfactory solution...
Old May 26th, 2011, 02:08 PM   #21
Major Player

Well that's great Renton and to be fair most people speak very highly of the company and we all know the products are mostly excellent.

I suspect with my problem they just decided it was to small to bother with. Still annoying though and the product is still for sale.
Old May 26th, 2011, 03:49 PM   #22
Major Player

I have found Rode's customer service to be very responsive. I feel they truly want to fix your problem. If you say you never heard back from them, I have to ask if you ever wrote/called them again? Yes things can fall through the cracks, but also with any company the squeaky wheel gets the grease. They must have tried putting the mic in the bag before they sold it, so it mic must fit in the bag. Is it that you just wanted the bag to be bigger? Anyway I feel that getting service is half my own responsibility.
Old May 26th, 2011, 04:45 PM   #23
Major Player

Hi Chad,

Thanks for the response. No I never tried to contact the company again. My problem is that the mic does not fit the bag - yes you can squeeze it in at a push but with the bag bulging and stretching uncomfortably and with no room for other accessories as is suggested. It's just too small. I now use it for my D50 recorder though which fits it perfectly so there was a silver lining!

Geoff
Old May 27th, 2011, 07:11 AM   #24
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Cox View Post
I had a minor problem with a Rode product last year that I contacted them about (Rode stereo video mic bag ridiculously small and not fit for purpose) but had no response so moaned on here about. Hey presto got a response from a Rode person on the forum and then an email from Rode saying they would look into it and get back to me. This looked good all round for me and them of course to be seen to be responding. Guess what? Never heard anything again.

Geoff
You are in the UK and Rode is distributed by HHB (Source Distribution).

I have always found HHB / Source to be the best in the business when it comes to Customer Service.

Have you contacted them? Or were you trying to deal with Rode direct in Australia?

Whatever - give HHB a ring, I'm sure they will sort it for you.
Old May 27th, 2011, 07:24 AM   #25
Major Player

Hi John,

I contacted Rode via their website but got no repsone so posted here about it. I got an email from Allan Black as a result saying either he or Head Office would look into the issue and get back to me but I never heard anything. I kind of lost the will to carry on chasing as the probelm did not seem big enough. I suspect it is too late now as it was July last year. Another forum poster agreed with my complaint but like me, found other uses for the bag.

Thanks for the advice btw,

Geoff
Old May 27th, 2011, 08:58 AM   #26
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton Maclachlan View Post
Well I can say as the person who started this thread that moaning here has had Rode responding in an exemplary manner...producing a complete and highly satisfactory solution...
Thread title changed from "Rode's delivery is bad..." to "Rode responds in an exemplary manner"

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 09:07 AM   #27
Trustee

Re: Rode responds in an exemplary manner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
Thread title changed from "Rode's delivery is bad..." to "Rode responds in an exemplary manner"
Meanwhile, My Micon adapters have finally shipped. 6 months after I ordered them. I am looking forward to finally using my lav and headset mics that have been collecting dust for a month. I have several Rode microphones and I very much appreciate their cost/benefit ratio. But I will be wary of ordering new products in the future. Rode's "vaporware quotient" has significantly gone up in my experience.
Richard Crowley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio