what battery 12 -18 volts to feed audio recorder at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old June 18th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #1
Regular Crew

what battery 12 -18 volts to feed audio recorder

Hi, i own a fostex pd6 and need to purchase a battery sistem to feed it, i am uusing actually the low cost lead acid 12 volts battery, but they are heavy and have a short life, and not relialable

I have been suggested a sistem based on IDX with vmount and xlr 4 pin i was wondering if could find someting cheaper,
anyone of you has a similar experience?
David Aliperti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2011, 12:58 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: what battery 12 -18 volts to feed audio recorder

Instead of the V-mount, look at the NP-L7S. You can get a battery cap for it with any kind of connector. Most audio bags will have a pocket big enough to hold them. The Petrol bag that I use has a side pouch with the battery cap in the bottom. Installing a battery is just a matter of pushing the battery down into the pocket.
Edward Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2011, 02:39 AM   #3
Regular Crew

it gives me 3 hours of working time,

the new fostex pd606 come with an idx and vmount i need a a similar solution for my older pd6 with an idx ( or cheaper equivalent) battery), with charger, batteries must have a xlr 4 pin to feed my fostex, i dont care to atttach battery to recorder i can arrange it on shoulder also or belt or portabrace. thanks.
David Aliperti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 12:18 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I would sugest Anton Baur mount batteries. They have a really long life, good output, and they last for years.
David Aronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 01:05 AM   #5
Inner Circle

I built batteries out of nano-phosphate cells from A123 Systems. They're lightweight and provide 13.2 VDC at 2.3 Ah.

It's a good option if you're handy with a soldering iron. I set up a balanced charger for it, which comes from the radio-control industry. It's a Cellpro charger from FMA direct. Revolectrix

This can run an Edirol R-44 recorder for about 8 hours.
Old June 21st, 2011, 12:07 AM   #6
Trustee

I mounted an AB plate on the outside of my petrol bag. it was pretty simple to mark 4 holes, then mount with screws + really large washers so it doesn't pull out. soldered up leads out of it to power the bag. I have 2 hytron 50's I use for when the bag is totally running on 12V power.

I also have an internal 24V power system for the FP33 that uses 2 10cell AA paks made by the local batteries plus. they were pretty cheap and run the mixer for a couple of days.

that said, some one dropped something ( probably a battery ) on my setup a few days ago and damaged the power switch. now it doesn't work. :( on more thing to fix. not looking fowards to changing the power switch since its a 4 pole switch that puts the batteries into series for 24V power on, 12V parallel for charging ... never mind, its custom, its complicated, it worked great for 4+ years.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio