RODE VideoMic & FX1 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old September 1st, 2005, 04:43 AM   #16
Regular Crew

I'm wondering are you able to use the Rode Mic and the onboard mic on the FX1 at the same time or is it just one or the other? Thank's all for the help it's much appreciated.
Chad Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2005, 09:18 AM   #17

Chad, it's a one-or-the-other on the FX1. You don't have independent control there.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2005, 05:39 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle
Chad, it's a one-or-the-other on the FX1. You don't have independent control there.

Thank's for th reply I appreciate it.
Old September 6th, 2005, 09:53 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Just recieved the Mic today and it will clear the LCD if you don't put it in the slot all the way. Seem's to work pretty good have to test it when my kids get home. Thank's all for the replies.
Old September 7th, 2005, 06:17 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Rode Videomic

I've been using this microphone for the past two months and have really enjoyed it. The only problem I have encountered is high distortion when videotaping a wedding reception and the dj's loudspeakers are blaring. I failed to check the "status" control and could have modulated the volume so make sure you do that when activating this microphone. I've just purchased an attenuating cable from Microphonemaddness.com to reduce some distortion so we'll see how that works. The major gripe I have about the microphone is due its unusual design, it extends considerably beyond the camcorder when affixed to the cold shoe attachment and many people have commented how "intimidating" the whole things look. I've been looking for a bracket to affix to the lcd screen so I can hang the microphone from there. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be interested. Other than the positioning of the mic on the FX-1, it's a great microphone!

Anthony Cipriano
apc52@cox.net
Anthony Cipriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2005, 08:33 PM   #21
Major Player

Anthony,
Try a flash bracket.
Guy Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2005, 09:17 PM   #22
Major Player

Anthony

The mounting point on the Rode Videomic itself can be adjusted forwards or backwards.
If you're finding that it extends too far forward, then just get a small cross-head screwdriver and on the metal plate that the rotary knob is attached to, you'll see that you can unscrew the knob and move it further forward.

I think there are 2 or 3 different positions for it. (In addition there's points for a tripod mount etc. too).

Final thing - the FX1 is a fairly "intimidating" looking beast anyway, so i don't think the Videomic makes much difference from that perspective !!
Stu Holmes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio