Thinking out-loud... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old January 29th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #1
Major Player

Thinking out-loud...

...greetings to all. Hope all are having a great New Year! I have been mulling around a 'wish-list' of what might be the next best purchase for my budding audio kit. Currently I have the Sony ECM-XM1, a surprisingly good mic that comes with the HXR-NX5U camera. I also recently purchased an Audio-Technica AT 4053b Hypercardioid and I have a RODE NTG-3 Shotgun with the RODE 'Blimp kit'. For wireless, I went with the Sennheiser EW 100 ENG G3 Lavaliere and transmitter. Also in my kit there are two (2) XLR cables (15' & 20') along with a wired Carbon-Fiber Boom-Pole and a Luminere light/mic stand. I have to say, for the money ($50) the 'Luminere' stand is the best thing I've purchased. It really makes doing a one-man shoot possible. This is my 'basic' sound kit. I know there are better microphones and equipment out there, but this is what I could afford and what was recommended to me.

I'd like to hear from the more 'seasoned' folks out there what they feel my next purchase should be to enhance my 'field' capability. BTW, at this point, a long-form documentary is in-process with a possible reality series in the planning stages.

Thank you in advance.

J.

Last edited by James Kuhn; January 29th, 2012 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Removed extra 'J.'.
James Kuhn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio