I'm editing a volleyball highlight video for a girl. Need music suggestions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old September 3rd, 2005, 09:05 PM   #1
Regular Crew

I'm editing a volleyball highlight video for a girl. Need music suggestions

Something upbeat, that has a strong beat good for synching slams and other hits to. Best would probably be techno, but I'll take suggestions for any kind of music, as long as it's fairly clean.
Mark Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2005, 05:27 AM   #2
Major Player

'Rock The Block' by "Sash!"

It's the 1st track on their Trilenium album.

rgds
Stu Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2005, 06:20 AM   #3
Regular Crew

A couple other genres that might work are ska and irish.

Song's like The Impression That I Get by the Mighty Mighty Bosstones for a ska example. Or The Devil's Dance Floor for that punkish irish by Flogging Molly.

I could see techno working. There's a few in the Snatch soundtack for some examples that are more funky techno like Overseer's Supermoves and Klint's Diamond.

Just examples that could get you thinking.
Chris Colin Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2005, 08:27 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Light
Something upbeat, that has a strong beat good for synching slams and other hits to. Best would probably be techno, but I'll take suggestions for any kind of music, as long as it's fairly clean.
Check out the SmartSound website and the SonicFire software. It has a couple of very strong advantages for projects like yours.

1: The biggest advantage - the music is royalty-free buy-out music, which means it's legal for you to use as you see fit in any of your productions without worrying about infringinging copyright. You might be thinking that who's to know since its just a single video for her own use. But it turns out to be really good and you decide to enter it into a sports video festival. No music clearances on the soundtrack? Instant rejection. Besides, using commercial music without clearance of the rights is theft and you wouldn't want to do that.

2: You can purchase either CD collections in many various styles OR you can purchase 1 song at a time with a web based preview system. Find something you like, pay the fee on your credit, and you can DL it right there into the SonicFire editor. In fact, you can preview the music online even before buying the software to see if their collections will work for you.

3: The music file includes several different moods of the same melody and it's broken up internally into phrases so you can essentially "re-compose" it to fit your needs. Let's say the original file is 1 minute long, consisting of a start, middle section with a couple of variations, and a finish. You need a piece that is 02:37;18 long but you want a mood change in the middle from something fast and driving to the same melody but soft and dreamy, perfect for a slow-mo sequence of her jumping into the air to spike the ball.. You just rearrange the blocks in the software, tell it what length to make it, and "poof!" instant new composition made to order.
Steve House is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio