DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   good lavalier around 50 -80 $ (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/505002-good-lavalier-around-50-80-a.html)

David Aliperti February 3rd, 2012 06:00 PM

good lavalier around 50 -80 $

one of mine sanken cos11 was just broken and right now i need a lavalier for my sennheiser g2 sistem, around 50 -80 dollar how is the akg ck 55? has anyone of you used it?

Steve House February 4th, 2012 05:07 AM

Re: good lavalier around 50 -80 $

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Aliperti (Post 1713172)
one of mine sanken cos11 was just broken and right now i need a lavalier for my sennheiser g2 sistem, around 50 -80 dollar how is the akg ck 55? has anyone of you used it?

Haven't used one but looking at the specifications reveals it is a cardioid microphone designed for stage and sound reinforcement applications. Cardioid lavs are not usually suitable for film or video use as every time the talent turns their head they tend to go off mic, leading to a poor quality, odd-sounding, recording.

Les Wilson February 4th, 2012 01:54 PM

I very much like the Sennheiser ME-2 but it's an omni and a little past your price range. eBay may help. One thing I discovered was when the connector did not survive a long plane trip and became intermittent, for $60, I was able to pop in in an envelope to Sennheiser with the check and they'll sent me a refurbished one.

Seth Bloombaum February 4th, 2012 03:33 PM

perhaps the guy at giant squid audio lab can wire one of his, um, cost-effective lavs for senn wireless?

edit:
I see he already has. Scroll down on this page for a $30 lav wired for sennheiser.

I've used these mics - they are well worth the money. You aren't going to get a great mic for $30, but you will get a good one.

Dan Ostroff February 4th, 2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Aliperti (Post 1713172)

On the higher end of your scale but good bang for the buck:

Home

Zoran Vincic February 4th, 2012 06:42 PM

not sure about the CK55 but the CK77 is a fantastic mic I use all the time. It has a very open and natural sound. But it's a bit out of your price range...

Tom Morrow February 7th, 2012 01:25 AM

Sennheiser ME2 is decent and can surely be found used for that price with some digging.

Gary Nattrass February 7th, 2012 04:12 AM

I have been using these as low cost spares for the G2: UltraDisk 4016Pro 1 & 3 metre 3.5mm Unidirectional*Lavalier Interview Microphone | eBay

They are well made with metal bodies and clips and come with a non locking 3.5mm jack already fitted, you can modify them to add a locking jack or XLR connector which will also allow 12v phantom power to be used.

They are marked as unidirectional but are actually very omni and work very well upside down, I now have several of these in the 3m cable version as wired lav's and two of the 1m version as spares for my G2.

You can hear an example of the sound here: Ultradisk 4016 mic's used in interview- 80hz hi pass filter - YouTube
A few more tests on these and the larger 4033 here: ULTRADISK Mic Tests - YouTube

David Aliperti February 8th, 2012 05:07 PM

i own 2 sanken cos 11, con sennhieser ew 100 g2, since one of those sanken is broken, i need a lavalier to replace it, i want to buy in future sennheiser series 2000, they have lemo connector and I will buy lavalier with lemo plug and not trs, but right now i want to have 2 g2 sistem fully operational, with 2 lavalier.

i bought at the ck 55, I know it is ideal for live gigs, but i am going to use it on interview where the speaker is still watching camera, so he is not turning head at all. he is giving me very good results.