need to adapt my adapter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old February 24th, 2012, 02:05 PM   #1
Major Player

need to adapt my adapter

Made a dumb mistake (again). Bought a Rycote suspension with pistol grip and CCA. Problem is that I failed to recognize that the CCA wouldn't fit in my Panasonic camera's mic clamp. The clamp is too narrow, or the CCA too wide. Of course, I waited too long to return it.

The two choices I've found so far:

1. Buy a 3/8 male to hotshoe adapter, and attach the CCA with its threaded hole.
2. Just give up and buy an Invision hotshoe suspension/mount.

I'd really like to find a way to step down the diameter of the Rycote CCA so I could still use the clamp, but nothing's come up in my searches.

Any suggestions, while I put on my dunce cap?
Philip Fass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: need to adapt my adapter

Hi, Philip.............

Not sure if this is going to be of much help, as I'm not 100% sure I've identified the correct Rycote product from your description.

However, the Lyre mount I found on the Rycote web site comes in two versions, stock for 25mm - 27mm mic holders, and an optional 19mm - 25mm version (PN: 037306).

If this is the same product you screwed up on, contact Rycote and see if they'll let you swap the CCA adapter for the correct one for your camera.

Worth a try, Rycote have been very helpfull to me in the past.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: need to adapt my adapter

Well, I'm learning that sometimes you just gotta use a little more force than you're comfortable with. I did manage to get the CCA into the clamp, and at least I know it'll never fall out!
Philip Fass is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio