DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   Royaltee free search based on given references (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/507444-royaltee-free-search-based-given-references.html)

Marcin Kowalski May 1st, 2012 03:59 AM

Royaltee free search based on given references

Hello.

I need to find two royaltee-free songs similar to the references given:

Yet there are so many sites with royaltee free music that it would take forever for someone not knowing what exactly to search for and where.

Is there any service/company that helps with searching for the given music? Of course not for free.

Allan Black May 1st, 2012 04:08 PM

Re: Royaltee free search based on given references

I'll bet there are some local outfits in Warsaw that could easily produce similar music tracks.
Check your phone directory, play them these examples on the phone and get some prices.

If it's too expensive, they might direct you to other sources.

Cheers.

Tony Koretz May 2nd, 2012 11:52 PM

Obviously no two pieces of music are ever going to be quite the same. Adverts like those have spaces in the music tailored to fit the scenes. Choosing a piece of music that creates the right atmosphere is what ultimately matters, even if the music is a bit different to what's in these. In cases like those two adverts it is most likely they had someone custom compose the music for the ads.
However, if you are looking for royalty-free music, have a look through the ambient and atmospheric section of the Rocksure Soundz | Royalty Free Music, Sound Effects, Production Music New Zealand website. Here is a link to one song I composed that may suit what you are looking for (and there are plenty more possible ones I've created) but it gives you an example of what's on offer there.

Pinnacle of Rapture | Rocksure Soundz

See if this is any use to you anyway.

Chris Soucy May 3rd, 2012 12:23 AM

Interesting track, Tony...........

Sort of Jon Michelle Jarre meets Mike Oldfield, MeatLoaf and Emerson, Lake and Palmer for a jam session.

I do hope that isn't taken the wrong way, it was meant nice!

You have quite a future ahead of you.

Always good to see another Kiwi going for it.

CS

Tony Koretz May 3rd, 2012 12:38 AM

Thanks Chris...yeah your description of the track is probably a pretty good one. I have written hundreds of songs in all sorts of styles, but the ones with a bit of ambience and an underlying rock feel are some of the most fun ones to do.Great to see another kiwi on here too :-)

Chris Soucy May 3rd, 2012 01:20 AM

Oops, I forgot, Vangelis, knew there was a name missing!

How in hell could I forget him?

Still think it was an interesting track, even if the named instrunentalists are consigned to "early, late history".

Good music is one thing that doesn't age, and some of those named were masters of the art.

Keith Emerson on keyboards, how could you go wrong?

Vangelis on Synth? Ditto

Mike and Jon, speaks for itself.

Keep well Tony, and I'll see if I can steer some stuff your way if you're up for it, no promises mind!

CS

Tony Koretz May 3rd, 2012 02:29 AM

Yeah Keith Emerson was a master in his day, even if a bit "over the top" at times by today's preferences. I grew up on that stuff. Greg Lake was a very good guitarist/bassist and vocalist too in ELP. The others you mentioned were cool also.
Funny that you should end with "keep well"....actually I have been in bed much of this week with the flu and trying to keep warm!

Cheers T