Best medium priced Wireless Lavalier Mic kit? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old May 12th, 2012, 03:17 AM   #1

Best medium priced Wireless Lavalier Mic kit?

Cannot seem to find any "top 5" to go for although some seem to recommend the Sennheiser EW100 and 200.

Are they any good or should I look at Azden or Sony kits for use with a camcorder? I want one that has good audio quality and range.
Lee Mullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 03:48 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Best medium priced Wireless Lavalier Mic kit?

I have extensive experience with the Sony UWP-V1 kits. They're UHF analogue things. Sony also does a more expensive UHF set (WRT-8B and WRR-855S), and completely digital sets as well.

The UPW-V1 kits work superbly and are completely reliable, as long as you either remember to turn them off at the end of the show or use fresh batteries every show. (It's too easy to leave them on and run the battery down). Retail price is $704 Australian for the transmitter including the mic head itself, and the tuner (receiver).

The sound quality of the mic is actually pretty good. Maybe not at the same level as network TV, but pretty damn good nevertheless.

Richard
Richard Cavell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 05:37 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Audio Technica, Sennheiser, Sony all pretty much in the same price range, all pretty much in the same quality range. I've been using AT for the last few years (since the dual channel system came out) and haven't had any issues with it but before that I used the Azden 500U receiver with the matching mic paks and had very good sucess with those for about 8 years. However in both cases Countryman mics were used in place of the stock mics. Big difference.
Old May 12th, 2012, 06:03 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I've used the Sennheiser EW100 G2 for years, been perfect.

Looking to get a G3 now, and replace the mics with Rode lavs.

Price is right - AU$700 for the basic kit (receiver and transmitter), about an extra $300 for the butt plug.
Ryan Jones is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio