DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   Merging Audio and Video files (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/510550-merging-audio-video-files.html)

Marius Boruch September 8th, 2012 10:58 AM

Merging Audio and Video files

I produced Bluray disc so I rendered video file separately from AAC audio file and used them in Sony Architect to produce Bluray. Now I need to combine them together so it could be distributed on USB memory stick. Is there any software/trick to do so other than re-render it again?

Richard Crowley September 8th, 2012 11:54 AM

Re: Merging Audio and Video files

This is not an "audio" question, so it doesn't really belong here.
This is a question about whatever software application (not identified) you are using to create whatever you are trying to put on the USB flash drive (also not identified). Without knowing exactly what you are trying to put on the USB, it seems rather unlikely that you can do this without re-rendering your project to produce whatever format you are trying to put on the USB.

Are you trying to put the BD content on a USB flash drive? I don't know whether that works, but wouldn't you simply copy the entire directory/file structure from the BD onto the USB? If you are trying to do something else you will have to better describe what you are trying to accomplish. And suggest that you should find a more appropriate forum to have a better chance of useful responses.

Marius Boruch September 8th, 2012 12:07 PM

Well...I think it belongs to "ALL THINGS audio" forum - (all things...it reads) and it pertains to audio issue; I am trying to get the file on USB drive so it could be played in video player (not as Bluray). I described how I got the video and audio files (for distribution on Bluray) but now sine I ended up with two separate files I just wanted to find the way to merge them without unnecessary re-render .

Geoffrey Cox September 8th, 2012 12:36 PM

Marius it may not work in your situation but I have combined rather then re-rendered audio and video in QuickTime Pro by simply cut and pasting the audio.

Garrett Low September 8th, 2012 02:04 PM

Marius, Google "remux". That is what you are trying to do. There were several programs a few years ago that did it but that was before the crazy pirating of movies that occurred. The old version of TMPeng use to do it. I believe a program called TsRemux is suppose to do it but I've never tried it.

Good luck.

Richard Crowley September 8th, 2012 03:16 PM

What kind of distribution file are you trying to make? MOV? WMV? Who is the main audience? PC users? Mac users? The tool to use and the method of creating the output file depends on what kind of output file you are trying to create. You haven't included enough details to answer your question.

Marius Boruch September 8th, 2012 03:55 PM

it supposed to be as universal as possible - preferably mp4 since I already have file which was prepared for Bluray (I know, I know - Bluray is strange word for Apple users)

Rick Reineke September 8th, 2012 05:05 PM

Not really applicable to this"audio" forum.
That said, if it resides in the same folder, AND has the same file-nane as the video file. DVD Arc should 'automatically' add it as the audio. Otherwise you could adaptively mux the A/V files together w/out re-rendering (quality loss)..MUI can do this...free.. of course

Richard Crowley September 8th, 2012 07:06 PM

This forum is for production sound and post-produciton sound editing. If you want to talk about export rendering for DVD/BD creation, there are forums specifically for the various brands of software (Mac, Adobe, Editus, Avid, Vegas, etc.). THAT is where your question belongs. Repeating: this IS NOT AN "AUDIO" question. By your method, you could have just as easily called it a "video" question: "Merging Video and Audio files".

If you are using Sony Architect, we could presume that you were using Sony Vegas for editing. Simply render the production out of Vegas in MP4. Why is it any more complicated than that? I have lost count how many times I have done this. I could have been done by now.

Marius Boruch September 9th, 2012 11:25 AM

you didn't get it Richard....(it was already rendered in mp4 in Vegas...) I rest my case; thanks all for your help.

Sareesh Sudhakaran September 9th, 2012 09:12 PM

Other than copy the entire Blu-ray folder to the USB, the only other way is to re-render the files as one video file with audio. There are players that read video and audio separately, but whoever you are giving it to might not be able to make it work.

The second-easiest way to get there is to rip your blu-ray to H.264, either in a MOV wrapper (if you're on Apple) or MP4 (PC based).

The easiest way is to render to the same from your NLE/Master.

Hope this helps.