Something as good as H1 but smaller with a clip at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old September 16th, 2012, 11:02 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Something as good as H1 but smaller with a clip

I use my H1 and am pleased with the quality. It is perfect for my purposes, and it syncs up as close to perfectly with my video as I need, it seems spot on to me. Plural eyes has no trouble with the files, I love it.

Anyway, I want another recorder that works as well for video but in a smaller form factor and with a clip such as wireless units have for attaching to a subject's pocket or waistband.

Any suggestions?
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2012, 08:40 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Something as good as H1 but smaller with a clip

The Zaxcom ZRF series recorders are the size of a wireless transmitters, they also offer a wireless transmitter that simultaneously records w/TC. They are not in the price range of the Zoom though.Other may have alternate suggestions.
Rick Reineke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2012, 08:49 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Thanks Rob. At over $1K for their base unit, without a mic, it's out of my price range for sure, but they do look very pro. Thanks. I'll have to poke around B&H again, maybe I'm missing something.
Old September 17th, 2012, 09:00 AM   #4
Inner Circle

I was just thinking, I wonder if I might try using an old fashioned soft specatacles case, where it has an opening on one end and a clip on the back, for placing inside a jacket pocket. I am looking at voicerecorders now, the tascams and yamaha brands.

I think the glasses case might work if the recorder was slim enough, but I would need a right angled plug for it to fit. Hmmm, might work.
Old September 17th, 2012, 10:41 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Just realized, a cell phone case with belt clip and with the lid cut off would work perfectly. Can't believe I didn't thing of it sooner.
Old September 17th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Congratulations Jeff !
I go to Dollar Tree (and other $1 stores) all the time. Cheap is good.. in some situations. I got perfectly fitting cases for my Comteks and other pieces.

FWIW, It's also fun to ask employees "how much is this?" when they answer "$1 or everything is $1"... then ask.. holding up another item, "then how much is this?" Keep going til' they get the joke. Warning: Some don't and become upset.
Rick Reineke is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio