Surviving your experience with an audio guy - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old March 24th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #61
Regular Crew

Re: Surviving your experience with an audio guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Digges View Post
I love shooting concerts. especially from the mosh pit. It is cool to turn the camera on the crowd and watch them go crazy. Unfortunately, EVERY time, some idiot is always flipping the bird and ruining the shot so it is not usable. And in a viewfinder with all the waving hands you can't see it until later or the Director is yelling in your headset to give him something he can use. Yes, I-mag at some concerts is supposed to be family friendly, or for broadcast advertising. I have never seen the idiot with the finger get his 60 seconds of fame.

Once just for fun when I knew my camera was safe, I zoomed up Alice Coopers nose while he was leaning over me from the edge of the stage. It was disgusting. I knew the TD well or I would not have done that, when they started yelling, "CAMERA 4 PULL OUT, PULL OUT!!!", I was laughing so hard I could hardly recompose a shot. Headset humor makes this job fun sometimes.
I shoot concerts pretty much exclusively, but I usually only have one other operator. But when there is a budget, I'll have handheld down in the pit. Once, when I was shooting Los Lobos, I assigned my beautiful blonde niece that position. Nothing like a hot blonde in the pit to get the musicians to play to the camera.
Chris DeVoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2013, 05:02 PM   #62
Inner Circle

If people could hear what's on the headset the would either commit us or put us in jail. I live for headset humor especially really early in the AM when I haven't had enough caffine! ;-)
Old March 24th, 2013, 05:56 PM   #63
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Bloom View Post
If people could hear what's on the headset the would either commit us or put us in jail. I live for headset humor especially really early in the AM when I haven't had enough caffine! ;-)
I just had to share this classic bit of headset humor.
Chris DeVoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #64
Inner Circle

Man I had forgotten about that line. Classic. One of the best lines ever to come out of Hollywood! PLUS the delivery was great! Deadpan! Love it. Gotta remember it!
Old March 24th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #65
Trustee

Now that made laugh!!!

No one likes the guy that flips the bird.....the girls that flash the camera...a different story...at NASCAR concerts it happens a lot.

Steve

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio