DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   Sennheiser HD280 Question (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/512955-sennheiser-hd280-question.html)

Joe Piechura December 27th, 2012 04:21 AM

Sennheiser HD280 Question

Just a quick question about the plug size. I've just bought some of these but they've been sent to me mum's house and she's bringing them over next week. Do they have a 3.5mm jack or the bigger one, because the Sennheiser website says 3.5mm/6.35mm. Does that mean they come with an adaptor to allow you to plug into both sizes? My mum seemed to think that they have one of the bigger plugs, but I don't think she opened the packet. I just need to know whether I should buy a separate adaptor.

Gary Nattrass December 27th, 2012 05:25 AM

Re: Sennheiser HD280 Question

Most sennheiser headphones come with a 3.5mm plug and a screw on adaptor to make it 6.5mm so I suspect it will have both if the spec says that, even the pro HD25's come with dual sizes.

The plug will look like a 6.5mm but should be gold in colour and if you screw the adaptor off you will get 3.5mm.

Joe Piechura December 27th, 2012 05:47 AM

Great, thanks.

Graham Bernard December 28th, 2012 02:20 AM

Joe, I have these cans, and love 'em.

Here's the Senni site listing the 1/4" jack as an "included" screw-on accessory. AND a video.

Sennheiser USA - Professional DJ Headphones HD 280 PRO - Noise Cancelling Headphones - Professional Audio

Grazie

Gary Nattrass December 28th, 2012 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Bernard (Post 1769892)
Joe, I have these cans, and love 'em.

Here's the Senni site listing the 1/4" jack as an "included" screw-on accessory. AND a video.

Sennheiser USA - Professional DJ Headphones HD 280 PRO - Noise Cancelling Headphones - Professional Audio

Grazie

Love how they just slap words in to improve the marketing aspects, they are not noise cancelling like the bose cans, yes they give good noise isolation but do not phase cancel anything to achieve this.

Also they are not what I would call DJ cans they are far better than that but I suppose it all goes to keep sales up!

Rick Reineke December 28th, 2012 10:14 AM

I hear ya Gary, buzz words.. 'HD', 'Digital', ect., ect.
I 'like' the "Digital Battery".. which is usually a cheap Chinese made low capacity non-alkaline cell.

Gary Nattrass December 28th, 2012 10:18 AM

and Zooooooooooooom microphones! ;0)

Joe Piechura December 28th, 2012 04:31 PM

Reminds me of a discussion on Top Gear where James May revealed that he used to have a pair of turbo sunglasses.

Glad you all like these headphones btw. Looks like I've bought a decent pair.

Gary Nattrass December 28th, 2012 04:45 PM

They are next on my buying list as an alt to the sony 7506 I already have but need to get another hd25 set first!