DR-100mkII rechargin USB only?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old January 16th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #1
Regular Crew

DR-100mkII rechargin USB only??

Has anyone tried recharging his Tascam DR-100mkII by plugging the USB cable to the power 5V adapter, similar to what iPhone uses, plugs into the wall outlet? It seems very silly to boot a laptop on location just to recharge the DR-100mkII...

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Renat Zarbailov of Innomind.org
Renat Zarbailov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: DR-100mkII rechargin USB only??

Nevermind, I just found this battery test for this recorder. Might be usefull to everyone in the community;

Charging Length:

Iphone 5 cube USB charger to Tascam DR-100MKii~ 5 hours

Computer USB to Tascam DR-100 MKii~ 4 hours 30 minutes

i would believe the 30min difference in charging time may be due to how far down the battery was when i began to charge the battery. I personally don't think 30min faster charge time makes me want to use a computer to charge the Tascam DR-100 MKII. I would rather keep the unit plugged into the wall so the recorder doesn't have to be tethered to my computer for 5 hours.

Tascam DR-100 MKii Battery Recording Length:

Sennheiser MKE 600 with Phantom Power: 3 hours 16 minutes 37 seconds

Sennheiser MKE 600 with AA battery power: 5 hours 31 minutes 9 seconds

Setup for this test was with Tascam DR-100MKii with a Sennheiser MKE 600 split into the L & R channel of the recorder with phantom power (switch turned on from the back of the recorder) and with AA Battery power (phantom power turned off on back of recorder) shotgun mic recording audio from a tv station. The battery life number is from continuos recording, until the batter did not have enough power to continue. The maximum track length is 2hrs 4min 12 sec.

Rec Setup:

Format: Wav 24 bit
Sample:48K
Size:2G
PreRec: ON
Delay:OFF

Renat Zarbailov of Innomind.org
Renat Zarbailov is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio