M-Audio Raising Prices? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old September 20th, 2005, 09:54 PM   #1
Regular Crew

M-Audio Raising Prices?

I happened to be looking at the M-Audio MicroTrack today on their web site, and I noticed that the FireWire 1814 and a FireWire 410 both had a price increase of about 30% when you clicked on the item itself. Then I notice that just about everything had a 30% price increase.

On the page below, everything shows the current MSRP, but if you click on any one of the items, it shows a 30% increase in the MSRP (except for the MicroTrack):
http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...bileinterfaces

So, the Firewire 410 was $400 and is now $520; the Firewire 1814 was $600 and is now $780 - that's a BUMMER if it's true. Better get 'em while their cheaper. Wonder when this will take effect?

However, I also noticed www.zzounds.com lists the MSRP of the 1814 at $750, but still has the typical $500 price for the unit - so hopefully street prices will remain the same? http://www.zzounds.com/item--MDOFW1814
Shawn Redford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2005, 02:06 PM   #2
Wrangler

Could be a retail strategy. Raise prices now, then appear to slash them later as the Christmas season approaches.
Old September 21st, 2005, 06:39 PM   #3
Major Player

I wouldn't sweat a price increase on the MicroTrack... that thing's got some growing pains to get through... plenty of them so far.

I was a nut for that thing but I'm already thinking about doubling or tripling that budget to go with something else.

Before you ask why... SEALED in battery that only runs 3 hours with NOTHING enabled... not the 8 hours as reported. The unit with current firmware freezes if you try to run it at 24/96... and the overall look and feel of it are about right at the price.

It 'aint no Marantz 671... and at less then half the price you wouldn't expect it to be... but then you can ask yourself if maybe you should double your recorder budget.

I wish somebody on here could give me a valid comment on the Oade mods to the Marantz recorders. From what I'm reading elsewhere you can get a pmd660 from Oade and pony up the difference to have the thing reworked into a kick-ass 16/48 machine... for a total of $750... which is plenty yeah... but I just thought I'd let you know where my mind (and wallet) are wandering right now.
Matt Gettemeier is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio