DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   Sennheiser ew100 G2 audio issue (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/514742-sennheiser-ew100-g2-audio-issue.html)

Marcus Martell March 4th, 2013 06:19 AM

Sennheiser ew100 G2 audio issue

Hola,

i was testing the EW100 with my new Me2 mic these days....No problem at all otherwise i was very satisfied about your suggestions about to buy a good ME2 capsule!Thanks guys for the advice!

But i had a problem yesterday.....

We were recording interviews in the city and once we changed location my audio started to have "little sound explosion"....I thought we were next to Antennas then i tried to change frequency but nothing!
Maybe i was doing some kinfdof mistake, what's the best workflow in these situations?
I changed location and the problem disappeared!
Change the frequency?The band?...I'm Rookie with this kind of eqipment!
MAny thanks guys!
MM

Rick Reineke March 4th, 2013 11:41 AM

Re: Sennheiser ew100 G2 audio issue

It's best to look at the Sennheiser Frequency Finder web pages, find your location and set your system to an 'unused' frequency. Upon arrival, with your transmitter temporarily turned off, confirm there is no indication of any RF on the receiver. The 'scan' function can also do this.

Guy Smith March 4th, 2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Martell (Post 1782304)
my audio started to have "little sound explosion".

Most likely issue is interference. Use the receiver's SCAN feature to automatically find an open frequency (remember to set your transmitter to the same frequency).

Steven Digges March 5th, 2013 03:53 PM

Hey Marcus,

These guys are trying to help me too with a similar problem. Read their suggestions on my thread in this same section.

Sennheiser EW100 problems / sample clip

Steve

John Willett March 6th, 2013 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Martell (Post 1782304)
Hola,

i was testing the EW100 with my new Me2 mic these days....No problem at all otherwise i was very satisfied about your suggestions about to buy a good ME2 capsule!Thanks guys for the advice!

But i had a problem yesterday.....

We were recording interviews in the city and once we changed location my audio started to have "little sound explosion"....I thought we were next to Antennas then i tried to change frequency but nothing!
Maybe i was doing some kinfdof mistake, what's the best workflow in these situations?
I changed location and the problem disappeared!
Change the frequency?The band?...I'm Rookie with this kind of eqipment!
MAny thanks guys!
MM

Check the squelch settings - default should be "Low" on G2.

Guy Cochran March 8th, 2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Willett (Post 1782721)
Check the squelch settings - default should be "Low" on G2.

Actually, if you're getting interference after the Auto Scan is performed and the subject is close, you would want the Squelch set on "High". Squelch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's a quick guide to G2 that may help...

John Willett March 9th, 2013 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Cochran (Post 1783305)
Actually, if you're getting interference after the Auto Scan is performed and the subject is close, you would want the Squelch set on "High".

Yes - but I *did* say that "Low" was the default setting - I did not say it was suitable for everything.

Paul R Johnson March 9th, 2013 09:09 AM

If the problem is too strong signals, then no squelch setting will cure it, because nothing says the strongest is the wanted one!

Most RF issues have a very characteristic sound best heard, not described in text - if we could hear a sample, we could possibly identify it for you - interference on and off frequency, intermodulation and co-channel interference all sound quite different.