DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   NPR Audio Gear Auction (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/515226-npr-audio-gear-auction.html)

Ty Ford March 21st, 2013 07:10 PM

NPR Audio Gear Auction

RL Rasmus Auctioneers

Wow!

Regards,

Ty Ford

Chris Luker March 21st, 2013 09:01 PM

Re: NPR Audio Gear Auction

Wow is right!

Jonathan Levin March 22nd, 2013 09:41 AM

Anyone know if this stuff comes with an instruction book? ;-}

Seth Bloombaum March 22nd, 2013 10:06 AM

Now I don't feel so bad about the obselete gear in my garage. That looks like 40 years of radio tech. So many hardware codecs. So many recorders, from cassette to minidisc to DA8. So much radio remote gear. So much everything!

Those full-studio-contents lots? Moving their primary studios to in-the-box solutions?

Trevor Dennis March 22nd, 2013 05:53 PM

My goodness. Do we know why so much gear is up for auction at the same time?

It pays to keep an eye on the auction sites. Our equivalent of eBay is called TradeMe, and I get a lot of my kit from it. Last week I found a single auction for an EW100 G2 complete with SKP100, a K6/ME66, and a Rycote Softie with pistol drip and suspension mount. It had the astonishing 'Buy now' price of NZ$300! I almost melted my keyboard accepting the buy now price. The gear arrived and looks hardly used, and the G2 appears to be the genuine article. It all works perfectly, and the K6/ME66 is a handy addition to my limited collection of audio gear because it sounds quite different to the NTG2 I already had.

I feel kind of bad about the deal, but if I hadn't snapped it up, someone else would have, and at least I'll put it to some good use.

Ty Ford March 22nd, 2013 06:26 PM

Yes we do. They are moving to new digs in DC and don't need a lot of this stuff.

They're getting new digital consoles from Lavo, a German mfgr. I'm guessing a lot of the processing gear they're auctioning is now part of the digital consoles.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Chip Gallo March 22nd, 2013 07:05 PM

So NPR is sending our dono dollars overseas? I knew they love the Neumann mikes but are there no decent US sourced mixing consoles etc.?

I heard they are moving out of DC to Silver Spring, Md.

Ty Ford March 22nd, 2013 07:28 PM

Not that far from where they are now, I'm told.

"NPR’s new location at 1111 North Capitol Street NE in DC’s NoMa district is close to completion. The media organization’s move is expected to take place in April. The new headquarters building (also developed by Boston Properties) incorporates part of the former C&P Telephone warehouse building (considered a historical landmark) into the new 444,177sf structure which cost $201 million to develop and build."

Regards,

Ty Ford

Roger Shore March 25th, 2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor Dennis (Post 1786053)
Last week I found a single auction for an EW100 G2 complete with SKP100, a K6/ME66, and a Rycote Softie with pistol drip and suspension mount. It had the astonishing 'Buy now' price of NZ$300! I almost melted my keyboard accepting the buy now price. The gear arrived and looks hardly used, and the G2 appears to be the genuine article. It all works perfectly, and the K6/ME66 is a handy addition to my limited collection of audio gear because it sounds quite different to the NTG2 I already had.

I feel kind of bad about the deal, but if I hadn't snapped it up, someone else would have, and at least I'll put it to some good use.

Nice find Trevor... I always seem to hear about other folks lucky finds....:-(

One day......