NPR Audio Gear Auction at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old March 21st, 2013, 07:10 PM   #1
Inner Circle

NPR Audio Gear Auction

RL Rasmus Auctioneers

Wow!

Regards,

Ty Ford
Ty Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 09:01 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: NPR Audio Gear Auction

Wow is right!
Chris Luker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2013, 09:41 AM   #3
Major Player

Anyone know if this stuff comes with an instruction book? ;-}
Jonathan Levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2013, 10:06 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Now I don't feel so bad about the obselete gear in my garage. That looks like 40 years of radio tech. So many hardware codecs. So many recorders, from cassette to minidisc to DA8. So much radio remote gear. So much everything!

Those full-studio-contents lots? Moving their primary studios to in-the-box solutions?
Old March 22nd, 2013, 05:53 PM   #5
Major Player

My goodness. Do we know why so much gear is up for auction at the same time?

It pays to keep an eye on the auction sites. Our equivalent of eBay is called TradeMe, and I get a lot of my kit from it. Last week I found a single auction for an EW100 G2 complete with SKP100, a K6/ME66, and a Rycote Softie with pistol drip and suspension mount. It had the astonishing 'Buy now' price of NZ$300! I almost melted my keyboard accepting the buy now price. The gear arrived and looks hardly used, and the G2 appears to be the genuine article. It all works perfectly, and the K6/ME66 is a handy addition to my limited collection of audio gear because it sounds quite different to the NTG2 I already had.

I feel kind of bad about the deal, but if I hadn't snapped it up, someone else would have, and at least I'll put it to some good use.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 06:26 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Yes we do. They are moving to new digs in DC and don't need a lot of this stuff.

They're getting new digital consoles from Lavo, a German mfgr. I'm guessing a lot of the processing gear they're auctioning is now part of the digital consoles.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Last edited by Ty Ford; March 22nd, 2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 07:05 PM   #7
Regular Crew

So NPR is sending our dono dollars overseas? I knew they love the Neumann mikes but are there no decent US sourced mixing consoles etc.?

I heard they are moving out of DC to Silver Spring, Md.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 07:28 PM   #8
Inner Circle

Not that far from where they are now, I'm told.

"NPR’s new location at 1111 North Capitol Street NE in DC’s NoMa district is close to completion. The media organization’s move is expected to take place in April. The new headquarters building (also developed by Boston Properties) incorporates part of the former C&P Telephone warehouse building (considered a historical landmark) into the new 444,177sf structure which cost $201 million to develop and build."

Regards,

Ty Ford
Old March 25th, 2013, 01:07 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Dennis View Post
Last week I found a single auction for an EW100 G2 complete with SKP100, a K6/ME66, and a Rycote Softie with pistol drip and suspension mount. It had the astonishing 'Buy now' price of NZ$300! I almost melted my keyboard accepting the buy now price. The gear arrived and looks hardly used, and the G2 appears to be the genuine article. It all works perfectly, and the K6/ME66 is a handy addition to my limited collection of audio gear because it sounds quite different to the NTG2 I already had.

I feel kind of bad about the deal, but if I hadn't snapped it up, someone else would have, and at least I'll put it to some good use.
Nice find Trevor... I always seem to hear about other folks lucky finds....:-(

One day......
Roger Shore is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio