iphone/ipad audio recording app at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old April 4th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #1
Tourist

iphone/ipad audio recording app

I've got a sound devices mixpre-d, which has USB out. Using the iPad camera connection kit, I'm able to send the output into the iPad for recording.

So far I've been using Fire2 from Audiofile Engineering (Audiofile Engineering) to record. It's a simple app and can record at 24bit/48khz (but can't record more than 48h-khz)

I'm wondering if anyone else has had experience with iPad or iPhone recording apps, and if you have any recommendations.

I've heard good things about Auria, but it just looks too complex. I just want a simple way to record. I don't need any editing abilities.

Thanks for you help

-- Dave
Dave McFarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: iphone/ipad audio recording app

I wonder if the free apps for the two new Rode iPod iPad iPhone will work?

RDE Microphones - iXY
Rode smartLav Lavalier Microphone for iPhone, iPad, iPod CheesyCam
Old April 4th, 2013, 07:19 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: iphone/ipad audio recording app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McFarland View Post
...(Fire2 is) a simple app and can record at 24bit/48khz (but can't record more than 48h-khz)...
Nothing wrong with 24/48, if your setup is doing a good job with it I wouldn't change. I know 96KHz looks twice as good on paper, but most working pros I know are recording at 24/48 for video, because they don't find a significant and audible difference between 48 & 96KHz sampling rates. And if they can't hear it on their studio monitors they can't do anything with it anyways. Hearing trumps math in this case.

24bit, on the other hand, is very much worth it over 16bit... the increased resolution means that what would be down in the mud, low volume transients & such, is much more detailed and useful than 16bit.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio