Audio tweaking tips - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old September 28th, 2005, 03:23 PM   #31
Inner Circle

"a friendly kick in the ass if appropriate."

Hmm, can I order one of those?

Ty
Ty Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2005, 03:58 PM   #32
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Ford
"a friendly kick in the ass if appropriate."

Hmm, can I order one of those?

Ty
Yeah, but shipping will kill you.
George Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2005, 05:50 PM   #33
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie Wilson
If not, you've got way too many sweaters in there which will absorb all the "sweetness"; i.e. the highs and lows that make a voice seem rich and full. It's a matter of balance as some more informed folks have already posted.
Oh, wow. I would have assumed you can't have too much padding, since more would cut down on your echo and background noise more and more.

Ok, maybe I'll try taking a few of them out. My problem was that when I had less padding, I got a bit of an echo when I talked into it.

This may sound crazy, but here's what I've been considering for a more long-term solution: a shower is really a wonderful size for a recording booth. My idea was to buy some foamcore (four pieces) about 4 feet tall, by about 2 feet wide or so. Maybe another smaller one one as a lid, too. Glue some foam to them (just like in the video that was posted earlier). Then you could lean each one against the walls in a shower with the foam facing in, and just sit in the center. It's portable - I can store it when I'm not using it.

Am I stepping into the bounds of crazyness? In theory it could work - I can move my laptop down there when I record, and it's a nice solid space to work in.

Thoughts?
Allen Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2005, 06:47 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Ellis

Am I stepping into the bounds of crazyness? In theory it could work - I can move my laptop down there when I record, and it's a nice solid space to work in.

Thoughts?
Not crazy at all. In fact, I've seen this done before...a shower turned into a vocal booth.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio