AA Battery Recomendations - Page 2 at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old December 30th, 2013, 01:49 AM   #16
Major Player
Re: AA Battery Recomendations

Rick 500 cycles should last least 3-4 years if you do 100 jobs a year, these batteries are so affordable that I buy a new set every two years and use the older one's around the house.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 06:35 AM   #17

Just as a post script to this thread, I have been using Duracell for a number of years, they are OK, but don't leave them in you equipment for any length of time, I have had several leak on me and virtually ruining the battery compartment. I will give the Eneloop a go, although I have been using Uniross batteries, which don't seem to hold their charge for long, hence I haven't really bothered trying anything else, but from what I am reading here the Eneloop batteries do seem like a good solution.
Eyes are a deaf manís ears. Ears are a blind manís eyes
Vincent Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 07:57 AM   #18
Major Player

Bulk hardware store alkalines... "Utilitech," I believe they are, ~100 for $10 last I bought them, but I've also used Toys R Us, JobSmart, SunBeam, and random others. I go through about 1-2 packs a year. Start the day with a fresh set, shoot all day (or less), pull them and put them in the "household" re-use bin for kids' toys, remotes, flashlights, prison lighters, etc. If I know it's going to be a short shoot, they may get a second or third use.

Rechargeables (for me) are great in theory, but work less than stellar in the G-series wireless - I always have increased interference problems and decreased range when using rechargeables, plus in practice I've had far too many fully-charged rechargeables go dormant early, too many chargers up and die for no good reason, and the economics of buying high-dollar chargers and cells, charging them, keeping track of them, special storage and counter space, etc. just doesn't compute vs. 10 cents per alkaline plus peace of mind. I suppose the best reliability could be had with Sennheiser's specialty rechargeable pack for the G2/3 at ~$90... again, doesn't make economic sense.

Naturally just my opinion, others may have had better luck.
Freelance pudgy bearded lighting camera operator
Kevin McRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 10:24 AM   #19
Major Player

^^^^ I have to agree with you Kevin.
In my case most of the time the client is paying well for the job so why be a Scrooge with the batteries.
Brian P. Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 10:54 PM   #20
Major Player

Eveready Lithium cells.

Ed Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2014, 07:31 AM   #21

Originally Posted by Kevin McRoberts View Post
put them in {snip} prison lighters
Personally, I've never been in prison. What is a "prison lighter"?
Greg Miller is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio