AA Battery Recomendations - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old December 30th, 2013, 02:49 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: AA Battery Recomendations

Rick 500 cycles should last least 3-4 years if you do 100 jobs a year, these batteries are so affordable that I buy a new set every two years and use the older one's around the house.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 07:35 AM   #17
Trustee

Just as a post script to this thread, I have been using Duracell for a number of years, they are OK, but don't leave them in you equipment for any length of time, I have had several leak on me and virtually ruining the battery compartment. I will give the Eneloop a go, although I have been using Uniross batteries, which don't seem to hold their charge for long, hence I haven't really bothered trying anything else, but from what I am reading here the Eneloop batteries do seem like a good solution.
Old January 3rd, 2014, 08:57 AM   #18
Major Player

Bulk hardware store alkalines... "Utilitech," I believe they are, ~100 for $10 last I bought them, but I've also used Toys R Us, JobSmart, SunBeam, and random others. I go through about 1-2 packs a year. Start the day with a fresh set, shoot all day (or less), pull them and put them in the "household" re-use bin for kids' toys, remotes, flashlights, prison lighters, etc. If I know it's going to be a short shoot, they may get a second or third use.

Rechargeables (for me) are great in theory, but work less than stellar in the G-series wireless - I always have increased interference problems and decreased range when using rechargeables, plus in practice I've had far too many fully-charged rechargeables go dormant early, too many chargers up and die for no good reason, and the economics of buying high-dollar chargers and cells, charging them, keeping track of them, special storage and counter space, etc. just doesn't compute vs. 10 cents per alkaline plus peace of mind. I suppose the best reliability could be had with Sennheiser's specialty rechargeable pack for the G2/3 at ~$90... again, doesn't make economic sense.

Naturally just my opinion, others may have had better luck.
Old January 3rd, 2014, 11:24 AM   #19
Major Player

^^^^ I have to agree with you Kevin.
In my case most of the time the client is paying well for the job so why be a Scrooge with the batteries.
Brian P. Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 11:54 PM   #20
Major Player

Eveready Lithium cells.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h...m/PDFs/l91.pdf
Ed Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2014, 08:31 AM   #21
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McRoberts View Post
put them in {snip} prison lighters
Personally, I've never been in prison. What is a "prison lighter"?
Greg Miller is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio