Recommendations for microphones for a soccer match - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old January 20th, 2014, 01:32 PM   #61
Inner Circle

Re: Recommendations for microphones for a soccer match

"Does the WS6 softie go over the foam windscreen or directly on the microphone?"
- My Rycote Softie slips directly onto the mic. The Rode WS6 (knock-off) appears very similar. FWIW, I also have a secondary Softie Windjammer for moderate wind conditions. Smaller/lighter easier than a Zeppelin system. The Softie/Windjammer is still inadequate in strong wind though.

So you think the used Wendt is worth the additional dollars over the Behringer??"
- IMO Yes. Never cared much for Behringer gear. Second rate construction, mediocre sound and unreliable in my experience. I wouldn't consider the Behringer a EFP/ENG mixer either
Rick Reineke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2014, 02:09 PM   #62
Inner Circle

Behringer kit has always had a bad reputation, that sadly, is rather unfairly applied. They have upgraded their service facility worldwide, and their acquisition of Turbosound and Midas show a commitment to upping their game. For what it's worth, the quantity of Behringer equipment I have owned over the years, vs the problems I've had makes me firmly PRO Behringer. Their service record years ago was shaky - but that seems long gone, and here in Europe, 3 yr warranty is standard, and complaints mainly made by people with historic rather than contemporary memories.

For the price - around $100 - that mixer is very good value!
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2014, 04:15 AM   #63
Trustee

I never said the behringer was an ENG/EFP mixer but it still has it's applications in the same way as an audio developments or similar mixer that is mounted on a cart or used in static situations.

I agree with Paul the behringer quality is very good these days and for around $100 you get a very useable and useful product.

We us their mixers all the time in broadcast and whilst not the best sonically they are ideal when you need to be mixing coms or FX mics together.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio