10 pin hirose break out cable at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old April 29th, 2014, 04:21 PM   #1
Regular Crew

10 pin hirose break out cable

has anyone bult a 10 pin hirose break out cable (The XL-10 Multipin Cable | Sound Devices, LLC)
what hirose connector model should I use,
these could be ok? New Hirose RM15TJD10S 71 10 Pin Female Camera Connector | eBay i am confused about price, i have seen some of these connector at different prices.
David Aliperti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 12:17 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: 10 pin hirose break out cable

The cable I have has a male at one end that connects to the mixer and a female at the other end that can either go direct to a camera or use a breakout to twin XLR and a 3/5mm jack for return.

I would imagine they are a challenge to solder and I personally would not attempt it unless you are good with a soldering iron.

I have one that I was given but also tend to use my own custom made cables that just terminate in XLR's that go straight into the mixer and camera as they are cheaper and easier to maintain.

I have also seen breakout cables that terminate in 7 pin XLR's but I suppose if your mixer or camera has a 10 pin hirose it is convenient to use that: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Breakaway-...item3cdf224856

Canford audio sell the 10 pin hirose connectors at around £16 each plus VAT etc.
Old May 1st, 2014, 06:56 AM   #3
Regular Crew

this feature is still available on many pro mixer recorders, but i still wonder if it worth money, i heard it break very easily, can you confirm it?
anyway in my thread I was talking about big price difference for the only hirose 10 pin connector, i would used a professional technician to build since I am not a good solderer
David Aliperti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2014, 07:56 AM   #4
Trustee

I have it on my mixers but it can be a weak link but I suppose if you carry XLR cables as a back-up you have the best of both worlds.

I was given my coiled 10 way cable and tend to use it when working ENG or Solo as it free's up the XLR outputs to feed other things.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio