Your thoughts... Azden 200ULT Dual Channel UHF Lapel System at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old October 6th, 2005, 06:20 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Your thoughts... Azden 200ULT Dual Channel UHF Lapel System

Just saw this as a bargain and thought id look for some reviews and feedback on the unit..

i REALLY like the idea of a dual channel system with only 1 reciever.. this is the perfect system as i can also mic up mutliple speakers etc etc..

pretty nifty features, but im just lookin for some feedback before i just ahead?

How does it comapre the Sennheiser G1 and G2 (ive got these ones...)
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2005, 06:34 PM   #2

Painful as it is to hear...comparing Azden to Sennheiser, AT, or even Samson is like comparing a bicycle to a Lexus. Azden gear isn't horrible, but it's not something I'd ever trust with audio that mattered. If you're dealing with short distances, say....25' at the outside, you might be OK if you're in light traffic (radio and EM) areas. Otherwise, I'd look at most any of the lesser expensive makes such as those mentioned above. The Sony UMD series are awesome, but even the ATPro88 is a better system than the Azden, IMO.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2005, 09:06 PM   #3
Trustee

Spot, you talking about this Sony system:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search
Dave Largent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2005, 09:10 PM   #4

Yes, that's the one. I'd never used one until I had to at an HDV event we did, and after using it, I was pretty impressed. In the LVCC, which is terribly famous for wireless issues, especially at a reasonably wireless-heavy tradeshow like WEVA, it held up for a tremendous distance without dropout through serious walls and electrical interference.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2005, 06:58 AM   #5
Inner Circle

thx for ur input DSE (and thanks again for poppin down to aus ;) THose SoundFX came in very handy recently)

i think i might jsut stick with my Sennys... i guess if its too good to be true (ie having a dual channel reciever and 2 transmitters at the price of a single G2 system) it usuallyu is.. alas... maybe well get lucky with the G3.. ;)
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2005, 01:04 AM   #6
New Boot

Any recommendation of dual channel system (i.e. support two lava,
or one lava and one handheld at the same time)?

I am all ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle
Painful as it is to hear...comparing Azden to Sennheiser, AT, or even Samson is like comparing a bicycle to a Lexus. Azden gear isn't horrible, but it's not something I'd ever trust with audio that mattered. If you're dealing with short distances, say....25' at the outside, you might be OK if you're in light traffic (radio and EM) areas. Otherwise, I'd look at most any of the lesser expensive makes such as those mentioned above. The Sony UMD series are awesome, but even the ATPro88 is a better system than the Azden, IMO.
Jim Mung is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio