DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   CD Architech question (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/523835-cd-architech-question.html)

Ron Cooper June 24th, 2014 09:22 PM

CD Architech question

I imported a file from S/F 9 after a lot of editing to create spaces with markers for the 11 tracks, however, I cannot fathom how to make CD Architect simply burn a CD with these tracks, - no editing or fancy stuff. Although I was able to bring it into CDA with the markers showing, it just burns the CD with one large track.

As usual I found the manual & their online help, quite useless. EG. - When I typed in "Markers to tracks" etc. nothing came up, but "Oh yes" there was "Markers to Regions" - useless to me.

When they design these programs do they actually USE & TEST them in a practical way ? - I'm sure if I wanted do do something really fancy they would probably have an instant answer.

Sorry to be so cynical !

Ron C.

Ron Evans June 25th, 2014 03:58 AM

Re: CD Architech question

You do not need spaces for tracks. Set markers in sound forge then convert markers to regions. Use this file in CD architect. Regions will be your tracks .2 sec pause between tracks will be inserted but if its a concert etc then you can set this to 0( except the first track) so the concert will play but individual tracks can be selected. If you want CD text then there must be a title as well as track names.

Ron Evans

Rick Reineke June 25th, 2014 08:45 AM

As Ron stated, you really didn't need to string the songs/segments together in SF. But since you did, you can insert tracks manually via the 'Insert' menu or the 'T' key keyboard shortcut. OTOH, you can open the file back in Sound Forge and convert 'Markers to Regions' "Special> Regions List> Markers to Regions" Then import the file to CD Arc and choose "Regions to Tracks" (sorry I forget what menu it's under) You can also move the tracks if desired... or even the songs/segments themselves by splitting the waveform into pieces. 'S' key keyboard shortcut divides the file at the TL cursor. Don't worry about messing up, it's nondestructive.

Ron Cooper June 26th, 2014 02:32 AM

Thanks very much guys, so far so good but, in CDA it now shows a bar underneath the converted tracks but NOT the last one. So I went back into S/F & put a marker at the end and then tried to convert Markers to Regions but it did not show up.

I then imported it back into CDA & likewise tried to convert regions to tracks but the end track still has no bar underneath and the marker is still there. - What have I missed ?

Thanks,

Ron C.

Rick Reineke June 26th, 2014 09:54 AM

The final 'track/segment' should have had a marker or region at the very end (tail) for CDA to recognize and convert it as such, so you could just add a final region in SF and re-import.
At this point easier to place your cursor where the track bar ends and 'insert' a final track. The CDA blue track bar can be dragged longer or shorter as well.