Sony EMC-CS3 lav the 15bucks surprise! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old September 22nd, 2014, 05:12 AM   #1
Major Player

Sony EMC-CS3 lav the 15bucks surprise!

SONY ECM-CS3 saved my day last week and the results exceeded my expectations. I had a sudden interview but I didn't have any lav with me , just the shotgun on camera (875r on EX1r). A friend had his CS3 for his recorder and since he had an extra one I asked how it was. He gave it me to me to try on the spot , I had a balanced cable ending with a 1.8 and a 1.8 to 3.5 adapter. So on channel 2 , phantom and voila' : the voice came down strong , volume +1 , a little hiss but nothing major, and when I went to the PC to edit I couldn't believe the pickup of that little thing. No background noise, there was a truck passing by and it didn't get to play with the cs3 while it went loud and clear on the 875r. The voice of the talent was strong, excellent presence, low cut for clothes noises, simply put it was perfect!

So I bought one right away to use on zoom H1 mainly but for a wired emergency is unbelievably good. 15 bucks at B&H or Adorama. working on the cable now, because that lav is worth the effort!
Anthony Lelli is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio