Help removing plastic bag in audio - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old November 23rd, 2014, 04:03 AM   #16
New Boot

Re: Help removing plastic bag in audio

Hacking away with the digital machete - I like that! Although RX can be a very fine-edged scalpel, but using it that way takes...a long time. I had a clip once from some conference - don't know what the intern had done with that camera - but the audio was just buried waaay down in the sputtering noise floor. Couldn't save that no matter what I did. I even took it as a learning experience and spent about a dozen hours I never billed - just to see what could be done (I was new with RX then). Sometimes there's just no way.
Old November 28th, 2014, 03:11 AM   #17
Inner Circle

RX is my absolute favorite. I did a video/recording of the Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto #1 - at the entrance to the 2nd movement there is a solo pizzicato passage in the violins. One guy Pizz'ed a little late so to speak. Sounded awful. I was able to remove the errant Pizz.with RX

In the introduction, one horn was a tad late - I couldn't fix the late attack perfectly but I reduced it a lot so it wasn't quite as obvious.

Great piece of software.
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2014, 01:28 PM   #18
Trustee

I have a commercial recording of Finlandia where the tuba put a depth charge-like sforzando in the wrong place. I wonder nowadays if there wasn't the budget to do another take whether that could be fixed in post?
I often wondered whether the tuba player ended up fixed to a post :-)
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2014, 07:01 PM   #19
Inner Circle

I'm a tuba player myself as a matter of fact.

If you could grab 5 - 10 seconds each side of the offending Sforzando I'd be willing to try to tone it down. Might be do-able.
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio