Recording Telephone conversation. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old October 17th, 2005, 11:19 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence Kingston
I've been using one of these ultra-cheap Radio Shack models with a standard wired telephone headset. It works great and sounds as good as anything:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...D855&hp=search
You are plugging it into a soundcard directly?
Old October 17th, 2005, 11:35 AM   #17
Major Player

I use a little Sony ICD-ST25 recorder, then transfer that to the computer via USB and the program that came with it. The data compression is pretty heavy, but in the context of speach I can't hear it. I like this because I can plug the Radio Shack interface into a cordless phone and get away someplace quiet, away from the computer noise and my screaming kids. You plug the Radio Shack interface into the handset jack on the phone, then plug the headset into the interface and the output of the interface into the little ICD recorder. My headset is a decent Plantronics one, and the mic on that sounds surprisingly good. That is what records my voice. It works great and sounds exactly like it should.
Laurence Kingston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio