Lav mics what do the major networks use? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old December 13th, 2015, 10:50 AM   #16
Trustee

Re: Lav mics what do the major networks use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bagley View Post
I never really have a problem with the mic clips as it's usually a nice slow paced setting with plenty of setup time. This one interview the guest just wanted to change earpiece to the other side, and since I always have mic on opposite side of IFB piece, I had to change it. This decision to change was literally made 30 seconds before air. So here I am fumbling around with the mic, hearing the countdown to air and really realized how small the clips are.
If in a pinch like this, you could have mounted the mic upside down on the opposite side. Since the mic is omnidirectional, it sounds the same upside down or right side up. The swap would have taken about 5 seconds?
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2016, 04:49 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Re: Lav mics what do the major networks use?

Upside down placement is a handy way to reduce nose snorts and other down-breather disturbances from end address lavs that normally are aimed at the face.

I also use Countryman EMW side address lavs for this reason, but sometimes a down-breather or snorter can be relentless.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Ty Ford is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio