Looking for a 4 Track Field Mixer Recorder - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old November 17th, 2005, 09:35 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Varner
Hmmmmmmmm. You all have good suggestions but for the price it seems that it's worth dealing with the hassle of a laptop and an external box like the Traveller or something similar. Does anyone know of a good bluetooth control surface?
If you can deal with transportable vs truly portable, the new M-Audio ProjectMix I/O has both recording ,mixing and a Mackie compatible control surface that would hook up to a laptop quite nicely(via firewre). It has 8 balanced xlr /trs inputs and supports 24/96.
It uses 9v at 3500ma, so in theory you could build a low cost battery pack and make it work just about anywhere. go to M-Audio for full specs, so I don't sound like an advertisement, hehehe. Street prices are just below 1K.
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2005, 10:48 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Varner
Who makes a solid 4 track field mixer/recorder. I'd like something with nice preamps, that records to tape or disc, and is battery powered. Speaking of why dont they make multitrack field recorders that record on dv stock? or do they.
zaxcom , fostex , aaton, HHB all of them 4 track +recorders with at least 4 preamps and tc
you still can get used sanosax dat which record 4 tack or nagra d whih also records 4 track , both have better preamps then edirol or simillar .
Oleg Kaizerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2005, 05:08 PM   #18
Regular Crew

new Ambient 2006 spring/summer products

I heard from a Soundpro Dieter Meyer DMT in switzerland that Ambient will release a LANC to SMTP converter. I believe with a wireless datastream ???
Also a Stereo Digital Wireless like Zaxcom but less $$$$
Also mention the new DPA 4026 new Wide cardoid and DPA 4090 Omnis.
I use a pair for DPA 4060 on Edirol R4 with MMA 6000 Micpre tweaked = liquid + live
More on Coresound Binaural
Werner Graf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2005, 05:27 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Hi Werner,

Did the book get there yet?

Regards,

Ty
Ty Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2005, 06:33 PM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Ford
The piece you need to look at is the Aaton Cantar; very, very, very.
EXPENSIVE....I emailed requesting a price quote and what they sent back was a 15k USD pricetag. I have the options list if anybody wants to look at it. I sure do wish I could buy one.

Cheers.
SS
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2005, 03:21 AM   #21
Regular Crew

book

[QUOTE=Ty Ford]Hi Werner,

Did the book get there yet?

Regards,

Hi Ty surprise surprise to find an email from the autor of the book. Still loking forward...
Old December 16th, 2005, 03:30 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Edirol R 4 and 2 Cameras LANC sync

Only one Camera is connected to the Edirol, so the second is out of sync.
The other problem ist hat the cable connection has to be all the time otherwise the recorder Stops.
Ambient Time Code Wirelss LANC To SMPTE:
With 2 Cameras Sony FX1 I dont know if its practicable with any Timecode recorder to have both cameras in sync. Only whith 2 ZX1 problably.
Record the Timebase to one audio Track on both cameras but needs 1 Masterclock and one Transmitter 2 reciever. Is this a solution?
Old December 16th, 2005, 04:58 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Audio Botcamp Field Guide + Sonsoax 4 ch DAT Mixer SXM 2

Hy Ty the book is here, clever format...

Did somebody know the Sonsax SXM 2 ch. preamp? it is Small like the MM1 Soundevices for fitting under the cam.
The 4 Channel DAT from this company whas a disaster and never worked properly.
Old December 16th, 2005, 05:34 PM   #24
Inner Circle

Thanks!

Neither myself or any of the likely suspects had any comments on the Sonosax. It probably never came up.

I only wanted to list things that I KNEW would work.

Ty
Ty Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2005, 06:57 PM   #25
Trustee

For anyone looking for a mixer and a recorder the Alesis Multimix Firewire and a laptop would seem a pretty good setup. SO far I can find nothing on the quality of their preamps so I'm a bit reluctant to take the plunge myself.
Bob Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2005, 08:59 AM   #26
New Boot

Tascam HD-P2 two-track

It's off topic 'cause it's only 2-track, but the Tascam HD-P2 192kHz/24-bit Compact Flash stereo recorder with is "now shipping". http://www.tascam.com/Products/hdp2.html $999 at B&H. Writes Time-stamped Broadcast WAVE files, and syncs to incoming SMPTE/LTC timecode. I haven't heard much about it yet. Anyone else considering this one, or know of reviews or forums where it is/will be discussed?

(edit..there was a thread on the HD-P2 in October...but no detailed info at that time)
Douglas Clark is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio