Stage Mic at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old December 5th, 2017, 02:03 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Stage Mic

I recently filmed a steel pan concert and as an alternative audio source I put a H5 recorder on stage on a mic stand. For the most part it did fine but in some sections it picked the conductor walking around. Besides not putting the mic on stage what can I do to minimize this? Note I can’t hang mics or put them in the audience.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2017, 02:39 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Stage Mic

I use the H2's screw-in mic clip adapter.. which has the (standard photo) 1/4-20 stud that screws into the recorder (in my case, a DR-40), the other end is the same size/taper as a SM-57/58, which fits into a typical mic clip, The Shure A55M shock mount is too light weight for a recorder, so I use the heavier duty 25mm Olsen Windtech SP-25 "Shock Proof" (about $12 cheap). It works well to attenuate vibrations and such.
DV Info Net
Attached Thumbnails
Stage Mic-dr40-shock-mt.jpg  

Last edited by Rick Reineke; December 5th, 2017 at 05:19 PM. Reason: add photo
Rick Reineke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2017, 03:12 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: Stage Mic

Im using the same screw in tappered zoom mic adapter. I was able to look up the olsen mic holder you are talking about. thx i’ll need to add that to my kit.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio